nap changes?

Rhiannon

SAHM to Rhys
Reaction score
when do you stop putting LO down for a nap?

rhys would go all day without a nap as he has never been able to fall alseep when he is tired in the day time without being put down in his buggy. if i put him in his cot he would just stand up and shout.

currently he goes down..

10.30 - 11.15 ish

and 2.00 till 3.00 ish

thanks

xx

ETA i still think he needs his naps as he is a right miserable grump if he doesnt nap :)

If we are out all day Ruby will not nap but she would need to go to bed at about 6pm. We can get away with this some weekends when we are busy but if she didn't nap all day on a regular day at home she would be extremely grumpy.

Depending on when the nap starts I let her have between 45 mins to 90 mins, I can't let her nap too long or later than 1.30pm ish or she will not go to bed! This is recent though. Up until a few weeks ago she was happily going to bed at 7pm with a nap 12-2.

I can see that your son is only just over a year - he needs naps so don't stop them. I've only just stopped giving my son a daytime nap and he'll be 3 in march! Lol, he still needed them until about christmas time when he started playing up at night, so figured he just wasn't tired enough and stopped his nap. Your child will let you know but I'd say keep them up until he's at least 2 years old. xxxx

thanks both xx

i think ill just have to perservere with the nap fighting!!!

xxxx

I had to put my son down in his buggy when he went into a toddler bed, before that he was in his cot with a bottle but at 18 months all that stopped and he had to be strapped into his buggy. Persevere with it honey, other wise you'll end up with a very overtired baby - much worse than a baby fighting sleep for a wee while! Lol, trust me, I've been there lol xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->