nap time

Vickie

Hannah & Rhys <3
Reaction score
Where do you put your LOs to sleep? Or do they sleep in your arms?

Hannah sleeps in her crib/cot at night with no problem, but during the day I have to hold her to get her to nap. I don't mind really, but I also don't want this to be something she does into her toddler years :wacko:

My LO naps in his cradel during the day hun...same place as the night...x

My LO naps in his cradel during the day hun...same place as the night...x

I've been thinking about trying this...I know she'll resist at first, but maybe she'll eventually get used to it!

It varies sometimes (but not often) she falls asleep on her playmat or she sleeps in my arms then i put her in the pram. She never sleeps in her crib, i want her to realise if possible that it is purely for long time sleeps...lol
My plan has yet to work!

It varies sometimes (but not often) she falls asleep on her playmat or she sleeps in my arms then i put her in the pram. She never sleeps in her crib, i want her to realise if possible that it is purely for long time sleeps...lol
My plan has yet to work!

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

It's taken a long time, but now she generally goes to sleep in her cot. At first she would sleep for 5 minutes at a time, and those generally got longer. Now she's sleeping for about 45 minutes at a time for naps, but she'll still have the occasional sleep in the living room in her bouncy chair. Just keep trying!

It's taken a long time, but now she generally goes to sleep in her cot. At first she would sleep for 5 minutes at a time, and those generally got longer. Now she's sleeping for about 45 minutes at a time for naps, but she'll still have the occasional sleep in the living room in her bouncy chair. Just keep trying!

vickie - snap!

i know she should be sleepin anywhere apart from attached to my boob!!!

she'll drop off in th pram now though, now i've learnt when she's tired! i do feel a bit stupidgetting her all garthed up to go round the block and then sleep in the garden for an hour|!!

Hannah sleeps in her stroller to but she knows when we get home! her eyes pop open and she cries :dohh:

Max usually naps in his play park or his swing during the day and in my arms if Ive done all my house chores

Chase generally falls asleep while burping him while he's up on my shoulder. I have a baby basinette that I can carry up and down the stairs and more often then not I will put him in there to nap, other times on the sofa *ensuring there's a safe boundary around him*.

Chase generally falls asleep while burping him while he's up on my shoulder. I have a baby basinette that I can carry up and down the stairs and more often then not I will put him in there to nap, other times on the sofa *ensuring there's a safe boundary around him*.

Hannah would rather play after eating than sleep :dohh: :rofl::rofl: She's a wild one I tell ya

:rofl:

Mine's a nap king.

But I've had one like yours - Jayden. He was a wild one. LOL

Skyler sleeps at night with me on my bed attached to my boob! During day he has his naps either in the crib or in my arms or on my chest. He sleeps longer when in my arms where as in the crib the maximum time would be 45minutes.

Well...she sleeps in her bassinet at night. In the afternoon I drag it down to the living room so she also naps there.
Other napping locations : my shoulder,her bouncy chair.

She loves sleeping in my bed too.When she falls asleep there I make sure to move her back in the moses basket as I also don't want this to become her habit...:)

Hi Vickie Tabs could have been Hannahs twin a little while ago.
We had so many sleep issues in the day but night time was always fine.
Since about 4 weeks ago though we have really turned a corner...either it her age helping or our technique.
We wokred out her tired signals and if we get them in time we can now put her either into her swinging chair...or lately she just prefers on top of cushions on the spare sofa in the living room. We catch her signals,pop her down,dummy in and tuck in with a blanket and walk away.
She always turns her head to the side with her arm up and drops off. Sometimes she will start to grizzle for a bit so we pick her up there and just shh/talk calmly "mummys here" etc and put down when calm again. Keep doint this in the area you want her during the day.
I would recommend a place not in the crib during the day though or she will depend on that crib for her day time naps then limiting you going out etc. Tabs can now go to sleep in the buggy too!! although when she does the sleepy signals i pull the hood right over so she has nothing stimulating to look at.
This is the baby i posted a while ago about holding me hostage in a baby changing room for almost 2 hours! because i was trying to rock her to sleep!
Try the technique and write down when she wakes etc as Tabs usually gives me the signals between 1hr 15 mins- 2 hours after waking in the morning/naptimes.
She usually goes for 35 mins like clockwork but today she had a record 2 hour nap!!!!! she stirred at 35 mins and i popped dummy back in and she went for the rest!!
Your Hannah sounds so much like Tabs and it is very hard work! oh also when im about to lay her down for nap i quickly change her too and she HATES being even slightly wet to sleep.
xxxx goodluck and keep us updated

Thanks, will definately try to do some of these!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->