nap time

Erica used to always fall asleep in my arms, but lately I've been trying to put her down before she is all the way asleep. I know this is bad, but for her daytime naps, I let her sleep in our bed. :blush: She sleeps better in our bed, but we only let her sleep in it for her day naps.

well we tried earlier, really tried, but she screamed every time we put her down. Finally let her get good and asleep and than put her down--lasted 10 minutes but we will keep working at it :D

I always have to hold Colton until he falls asleep. Maybe once a week he will fall asleep next to me in my bed, and then I will move him to his. But 99% of the time I have to hold him and then lay him next to me until he falls into a deep deep sleep and THEN move him to his bed.
During naps I have to hold him until he falls asleep and then I lay him next to me and usually sleep with him.

sorry to raid your thread vickie, but thanks ladies! you've made me feel alot better and given me the confidence to keep trying to put her 'down'. thanks again! :hugs:

Paige sleeps in her cot in the day, the same as the start of the nite, then she usually ends up with us!!:dohh:

Jess usually sleeps on my shoulder until deep sleep then i put her in the pram to sleep in the day downstairs with me. At night, she goes straight to the cot.

The best thing i ever did hun was get my LO to sleep in his cradel all the time...i find it so much easier and yeh i have to admit it wasnt easy getting him to sleep there at first but now that is the only place he will sleep and he gets to sleep on his own also...in the long run it has made my life alot easier and i have to admit i feel proud that i have managed to make him do that...i dont have many people to help me out with him so it really does help...Goodluck hunny xxx

The best thing i ever did hun was get my LO to sleep in his cradel all the time...i find it so much easier and yeh i have to admit it wasnt easy getting him to sleep there at first but now that is the only place he will sleep and he gets to sleep on his own also...in the long run it has made my life alot easier and i have to admit i feel proud that i have managed to make him do that...i dont have many people to help me out with him so it really does help...Goodluck hunny xxx

Same here....keep going with it Vickie she will soon learn and Tabs is now to the point that she hates being held when she wants to go to sleep!

If she gets to the over over tired stage and i have missed her signals it takes longer and more screaming for her to settle but gets there in the end....i also find when she is screaming so loud you cant hear yourself think (she does this to blot out everything else) i sit her on my knee and just jiggle her until she is calm again or shoulder and down as soon as calm.
Stay with it....its now or never lol
Seriously Tabs was as bad as Hannah to begin with.
:hugs:

Erica used to always fall asleep in my arms, but lately I've been trying to put her down before she is all the way asleep. I know this is bad, but for her daytime naps, I let her sleep in our bed. :blush: She sleeps better in our bed, but we only let her sleep in it for her day naps.
So long as she is safe....whats the harm in it...if it works do it :hugs:

Chloe falls asleep in my arms during the day. I can put her in her moses basket and she will stay asleep at 10am and 4:30pm, otherwise she wakes up as soon as I put her down!!

I generally have to rock / bounce Ted to sleep in the day. It's got sooo much easier lately. I think it's his age. He used to scream and fight it but no more. He'll start to cry to signify he's tired and then I rock him and he snuggles down.

He has a blanket which he likes to be placed by his face adn he snuffles into it. I do worry he'll suffocate but he loves it. I hold him in my arms facing me with teh blanket wedged between him and me. Sometimes he'll even grab teh blanket and rub it into his face. He'll always fall asleep cuddloing it. (So much for all those cuddly toys people bought him...)
once he's asleep I can put him down in his travel cot in our living room or in his bouncy chair. He rarely naps in his bedroom during the day. I think it's just me being lazy - it's on the third floor!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->