Nappies and knickers issue

mygirl

Amy and preg!
Reaction score
hi all, i havent been on for ages but i have a dilema with potty training. amy knows what its all about, she is a bright girl and when she is running round with no nappy on and nothing on her lower half she will use the potty all day with no accidents, realising when she needs to go, she just goes off and does it, often without even mentioning it to us until after shes done something and she comes to us all proud to announce it!
the problem is that as soon as she is wearing somthing, either knickers, trousers or anything on her bottom, she just seems to forget that she needs the potty and has an accident evey time. i can stand and ask, do you need to go every five minutes and the answer is always no, and then 2 mins later she has an accident. i can get her to sit on the potty, but she wont go, pulls her trousers up and has an accident. i know she has control because she sometimes will start to wee and then goes, oh wee wee and goes to the potty, but if she is wearing something she just carrys on with the clothes on. its doing my nut as i know she knows what to do, but she just forgets or something. but it means that we cant go out or anything, not even for a walk without a nappy on as i know she will have an accident, so we are forever going from nappy off to nappy on, which i suppose also doesnt help. the other issue whch adds to this is that she wont say that she need to go, if she is wearing nothing she just goes off and does it, but if she wont tell me she needs to go how can i help her and how can i take her somewhere if we are not at home?
Any ideas girls?

Kaya was like this for a while. I solved it by giving her a wee reward every time she peed in the potty, then cut it down to every other time, then twice a day. It worked really well.

Atleast she's doing it :hugs: Amelie isn't being very successful tbh. She just wee's herself and HATES pants. We try and make it a big deal 'OH amelie look at your lovely new pants' and she goes 'NO PANTS, NAPPY'. She also has a tantrum when we call her pullups pants :dohh:

oh dear, lol. i dont know, i suppose i should be pleased she will do it sometimes, its just we have until september before she starts school and needs to be dry and i am hoping we will be having another baby at the end of the yr, so i wanted to get her sorted early, to save problems later. it doesnt help that our house is v cold to and you have to go outside to the bathroom, but thats a whole other story........

no real suggestions as we didnt have that problem! i agree that maybe a little reward if u get her to do it either with or without pants might encourage her to do it with clothes on then once u have the weeing with pants and clothes on etc cut the reward down! to every other wee then maybe no accidnets all day and something at the end of the day!
Lou
xxx

Aaron didn't have a problem with pants but when he was wearing trousers he would often have accidents. It took several months of going without trousers at home (we just took spare clothes when we went out, didn't go back to using nappies as that would have confused him even more) but eventually he got it. I think at that age they just struggle to feel the difference between trousers and nappies, so I would get rid of the nappies completely during the day to reduce confusion and let her go naked at home until she's really got used to controlling her bladder.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->