nappies are just so exciting!

hekate

An Angel & an Earth Child
Reaction score
I been reading this section for a while now (maybe since it started:haha:)...and I am slowly getting addicted to nappies! so far I got 2 BG 3.0, 2 pocket totsbots, a flip, two ebay cheapies.....

was wondering if you would help with some questions.....:flower:

I wanted to add some flat nappies, but have read terry's are not very absorbent....I bought two bamboo terry squares....are they better?

are prefolds much more absorbent? would the wraps you can use on terry's fit the prefolds or are they more bulky?

also has anybody used cloth from day one? or did you use disposable for a while, because of the meconium?

last but not least I have to share my new, most adorable edition that arrived today in the post....I am in love!:cloud9::

Attachments

• teeny_shroom_crop.jpg
    teeny_shroom_crop.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 2
That's gorgeous! I don't have any advice I'm afraid as not used flats or prefolds xx

Ive used prefolds and terries, i didnt start until he was 10 weeks old though.

The absorbancy of terries all depends on the fold you use, have a google and try a few out until you find the one that works best for you. I still use terries when im doing a strip wash and have no other nappies. Wraps wise it depends really, i use cotton bottoms wraps for my prefolds as they are a snugger fit! But they are too small to fit over a terry nappy so i have others for them eg tots bots, weenotions, pocket tots ect.

Its just trial and error really and seeing what works best for you :D

Ohhh thats delish!

Ive not used prefolds or terries either so cant help you there, but wanted to welcome you to the fluff side:haha:

:wave: congrats!
I love those totsbots i reallyy want the blue one!
ive only used prefolds to stuff pockets really, they seem tio work really well though. think i might have tried one with a wrap once but he was probably too little (i only have big ones).
think we started using the bg's when he was a fe weeks old and they didnt totally swamp him!

I used to use bamboo terry flats, with nippas, and they're pretty good, though it definitely depends on the fold. You also really need a fleece liner else LO will feel like they're wrapped in a wet towel. But they were the fastest drying of my bamboo nappies, and really useful when Adam was younger. I don't use them now because he's got too big for the fold I was proficient with, plus he's a bit of a bugger for not lying down/still, and kicking the nappy, which is annoying when it means you have to start the fold again. But I did love using them, he looked SO cute in them. :)

thanks girls for the welcome and the tips! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"