Nappies Nappies Nappies

Stef

Mummy to Olivia & PG #2
Reaction score
Just out of intrest really what Nappies do you all use?

I ued to swear by huggies until about a week ago but her poo's started to come out the side and I would have to take cleam vests & clothes every where with me just incase. So my last pack of Huggies ran out yesterday and I bought Pampers baby dry when they were on offer and started using them yesterday..

Now with the pampers its still happening, not half so bad as it did with the huggies... I just dont get it... I mean I woulnt say her poo's are watery, they are a little softer than I expected but when consulting with the doctor he said its most likely to be the formula. I didnt know with the huggies it was because she was in Newborn size 2 nappies and she needed a bigger one as she was doing bigger poos

Im relluctant to change the formula and she was on cow & gate and it really upset her so I moved her over to aptamil and she's a vry happy baby on the Aptamil.

Does this happen to any one else? That was only the first poo she has done with the pampers so i'll carry on and see if it happens any more.

Thanks in advance

x

I know you reluctant to changing formula's, I was too, but after moving from Farleys to Aptamil, I then had to change again to SMA because the Aptamil gave Matthew terrible wet poo's. They stunk, were yellow and like you said would come through the sides of every nappy I had. I used Huggies but a friend gave me some left over size 2 pampers. They did the same. I don't think its your nappies hun, i think its the consistancy of the poo thats your problem.

However like you, other than the poo'ing Matthew got on really well with Aptamil. He seemed full, was poo'ing 2-3 times a day with no trouble and settled after every feed so no belly ache. But after having wet poo's for a week I finally figured that wasn't good so I changed and he's done really well on SMA. He still does 2 poo's a day but they are darker in colour and a lot thicker now. Urgh grose, can't believe I'm describing poo ! Sorry if that was TMI.

Hope you find a solution one way or the other hun x

Babies poos change - HV told us this as we started worrying about very soft poos! She s till has quite soft poos tbh

We use Pampers and as she got bigger a couple of times her poo has leaked out the side but I put that down to baby growing and we shifted her to the next size which works perfect now. I think every now & then you can expect this anyway tbh depending how much the child has needed to go. Theres size 1 & size 2 so no inbetween of course so your kind of waiting for baby to grow that lil bit more into the bigger nappies if you see what I'm saying? I make sure its nice and tight around the strips (not too tight for discomfort of course) make sure the back of nappy is straight at back (easy for it to fold bulg little when they are lay on mat) andpull the little leg bits so they are comfy round her legs too.

Just what we do anyway and seems to work! x

Oliver has really bad diarrhea and we've never had any leaky nappies yet. We've always used pampers, started with the new baby ones, and now he usually sleeps through the night we use the baby dry size 3 and find them really good. We tried Huggies once but they seemed to make him sore. Apparently Aldi's nappies are really good.x

Im currently using the pampers baby dry size 3.

Thanks for all your info. I'll stick at them for the time being and then if I have to ill have a rethink again.

Ta

x

Size 3? are they not a bit big for her age (sorry, don't remember the weight guides) but Bethanie is only on size 4 and shes much older? Maybe thats the problem?

I've never been a fan of Huggies, they made Bethanie sore and leaked too. We use Pampers Baby Dry and they're great.. never had a problem.

Sorry I can't be of more help on the formula question though.

Size 3? are they not a bit big for her age (sorry, don't remember the weight guides) but Bethanie is only on size 4 and shes much older? Maybe thats the problem?

Tilly size 3 in the baby dry start from 9lbs and fit right up to 20lbs. :) x

Yer but you might want to try size 2 slightly smaller - is possible they are too big for baby rather than too small. Depends on baby and babies weight. Caitlins on 2.

Size 2 is 12-18
https://images.amazon.com/images/G/01/hpc/detail-page/B000FH34AG-4.jpg

Hmmmm theres conflicting info on the sizes.

Also you don't have to have baby dry:

https://www.pampers.co.uk/en_GB/productdetails/selectedProduct/newbaby/currentid/op1.do

Look at the size chart on that page.

Still thinking poss theres a too small too big situation going on lol! x

Thanks for all your help...

In the mean time i've only actualy had one more accident with them. They appear to fit fine so ive continued with them for the time being

x

Hmmmm theres conflicting info on the sizes.

Also you don't have to have baby dry:

https://www.pampers.co.uk/en_GB/productdetails/selectedProduct/newbaby/currentid/op1.do

Look at the size chart on that page.

Still thinking poss theres a too small too big situation going on lol! x

Conflict in sizes, ur telling me! lol. The chart u put on here is different to this https://www.pampers.co.uk/en_GB/productdetails/selectedProduct/babydry/currentid/op5.do

And there baby dry! Dunno bout u guys but i'm confused! x

Well after baby dry I'm sticking with new baby pampers that go to size 3 I think (yellow packs) I thought the baby dry were awful after that I would poss consider a diff brand.

i use Pampers new baby n dont have a problem. i ran out of size 1 nappies so went to the local boots n der was no Pampers left! so we decided we would try boots on brand n they were rubbish i wouldnt recommed them personaly! pee n poo leeked out off them.

Hi...

I only ever use pampers for Owen... I used huggies a few times when he was smaller and found them useless... I have to admit though the best nappies ive found to use when he has diarrhoea is Tesco value nappies... for £1.50 the are great when he goes through about 8 nappies a day but not very absorbant for pee... :D

I bought Pampers to start off with, apparently I was allergic to all other brands as a child (hopefully Hannah won't have the same allergies as me)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->