nappies?? no idea where to start ..help!

jazmine18

Reaction score
my daughter is 10 months, would it be too laste to start using cloth/re-usable nappies??

if not. what would i need to start me up, how many nappies? liners? what types of liners? how many in each nappy? how do you wash them? do you only change the liners or the whole nappy?

basically i need a mini ''dummies guide to re-usable nappies'' lool

so any tips will help. thanks :)

never too late to come to the dark side!!!lol

to start off you only really need one nappy !! lol id defo recommend only getting one or two to start off with to give yourself a taster !!

if you decide you wanna go cloth then one or two of each type of nappy to play with and decide what type you like before you commit yourself o anything, they are like clothes, what fits one like a glove will fit the other like a sack!! (well not exactly but along those lines!!)

what are you looking for in your nappies??

ease of use, absorbency, cuteness(good looks!), money saving, eco friendly ??? let us know and that way we can recommend a nappy(s) for you to play with !!

as for liners you dont really need any tbh! you can get flushable ones which help with the poo but i dont like how papery they are next to skin, fleece liners are great if you want a compromise between softness and something to keep poo off nappy - tho you still have to wash em!

depending on what kinda nappy you choose you may want to use fleece liners to stop bub's butt getting wet! All in ones (AIO's) and Fitteds tend to need fleece liners but pockets etc dont! i know it all sounds like gobbldegook right now but once we know what you're looking for in a nappy we can go from there n you can start playing with cloth!

:hugs: hope this has heped and not totally baffled you more!!!

sara

xxxxx

so there is alot of choice lol..but yes it has helped alot..thankyou :)

absorbency is important, obviously,lol..and preferably something nice and comfy for her :), she has had a few cases of nasty nappy rash and also thrush, so i want something nice and gentle on her bum :) also i roughly know what nappy she does her daily poo in lol..so would it be worth putting some sort of liner in that nappy to accomodate for the..ermm extra load?? lool..
thanks again :) xx

ok in that case i would say probably a pocket style would be best for you, they are really easy to use and you can vary the absorbency by adding more or less 'padding' depending on what you need!

also they will keep moisture away from Bub's skin so will help to prevent thrush which i'm sure you know is associated with damp environment!

i would recommend trying either a Bumgenius V3 , a Blueberry, or Fuzzibunz - all of these can be baught from www.fill-your-pants.com my faves out of the three are the FB and BB's FB's are really adjustable and the inserts you get with them are super absorbent!!

the BB's are gorgeous!! really soft and come in some lovely prints and colours!

all of the three i mentioned are available in birth to potty so you wont need to buy bigger sizes as sophia grows!!

also you might wanna check out Naughty Babies on e bay these are alot cheaper but not as nice feeling as the rest etc but they do the job:)

as for the liner yes you coud do that with the poo !! i tend to do that !! i also make sure she hasnt got one of my favourite nappies on when the pooes expected!!

hope that has helped some more hun, have a nosey at what i've mentioned, i'm sure you will have more q's once you look at em!!lol i got soooooooo confuzzled when i started looking at cloth !! :hugs:

sara

xxxxx

oooh thankyou!..will def have a look at that site. and thanks for all the advice, its good to know i wont have to keep buying more as she grows. im excited to buy them now!..wish i had just started in the first place! lol..but oh well better late than never i suppose...will go take a look at that site now :) xx

no probs hun, hope you find lots that you like, dont go crazy tho!!! lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->