Nappy Incentives List.

K

kirsten1985

I didn't know if this had already been done, thought it might help people to have a list of the current incentives that each county council offers. If people write theirs down I will add them to this post.

Councils that offer an incentive:

COUNTY DURHAM - £30 cheque on reciept of reciepts for napPies to value of £50

DERBYSHIRE - £25 cheque, send off receipts adding up to at least £50.

FORTH - Sample nappy packs with the latest designs which you can borrow and try in the comfort of your own home before making a final decision on whether to go real.

KINGSTON & MERTON - £25 for a kit of nappies to try.

LANCASHIRE - £45 voucher to spend on nappies and nappy accessories with certain retailers. £70 voucher if you have two children in nappies and haven't claimed previously.

LEICESTERSHIRE - £30 cheque on proof of purchase, spend must be £30+.

LEWISHAM - £30 voucher to be spent on nappies and nappy accessories (Real Nappies for London campaign).

LIVERPOOL - £50 for purchase of nappies, or one months free trial with Cotton Tails or Happy Bums laundry services.

LONDON BOROUGH OF BARNET - £54 refund on cloth nappies on production of birth certificate and receipt.

MANCHESTER - One months free trial to Cotton Tails Laundry Service.

NORTH TYNESIDE - £30 with proof of purchase and copy of birth certificate of child.

STAFFORDSHIRE - £30 off of your council tax bill

SUFFOLK - Access to and advice in the Suffolk Real Nappy Network Shop, cut price nappy trials and membership for £5 a year to be able to change, feed, keep warm etc.

Councils that do not offer an incentive:

STIRLING
CLACKMANNANSHIRE
STOCKPORT
TAMESIDE
EAST YORKSHIRE
LAMBETH

Have a read through the thread to see other people's experiences of these incentives and trials.

Staffordshire -£30 off of your council tax bill

Lewisham - £30 voucher to be spent on nappies and nappy accessories (Real Nappies for London campaign)

Lancashire County Council - So hyndburn, burnley, blackburn with darwen, blackpool etc:
£45 voucher to spend on Nappies and nappy accessories with certain retailers (a big long list).

with lancashire county council i think they also do a £70 voucher if you have 2 or more nappy age children - only if you haven't claimed previously :thumbup:

wow ours is pants!!

im just gna copy and paste this

Liverpool

1. Purchasing real nappies and laundering at home. If you choose this option you can claim £50 from the authority

*Please note - Payment will only be made on proof of purchase.

2. One month's free trial with Cotton Tails laundry service or Happy bums laundry service.

but where i am now (sefton, just outside of liverpool) it's just a free laundry trial :dohh:

x

Kingston and Merton - £25 for a kit of nappies to try (mine had 5 nappies, 2 wraps, some liners and a big nappy bucket).

County Durham : £30 cheque on reciept of reciepts for napies to value of £50

yup! :( very annoying, Stirling used to have a laundering service but they dont do it anymore!

ETA, just found this, It is estimated that almost three billion nappies are thrown away each year in the UK. Most of these – 90% - go to landfill . There is an alternative. Real nappies. Not only are they a much more environmentally friendly option, they can also save parents hundreds of pounds.

Forth Environment Link have recently appointed Claire Jack as project officer to work on the Forth Valley Real Nappy Network project. She has a supply of sample nappy packs with the latest designs which you can borrow and try in the comfort of your own home before making a final decision on whether to go real.

Forth Environment Link are looking for volunteers to help with the project, giving advice to parents and promoting the use of real nappies. If you want to get involved, or have any queries about real nappies, contact [email protected] or call 01786 449215. More information

So you can borrow and try them, but i have a leaflet from them theres a charge if you dont buy them after. Theres no incentive with any sort of money back or anything tho!

..... they can also save parents hundreds of pounds.

until you get an addiction to the weenotions site:dohh:

Manchester- 1 months free trial to cotton tails

i used this service and while the service was great, communication was awful, it took over a month to get my deposit back, no one returned my calls and when i finally did get through to the office, i got a snotty response.

the delivery girl was really nice though, just the office i had issues with.

note the nappies you get are 60 terry squares for during the day and 8 night time ones plus 7 wraps per week

Anyone know of anything for Hampshire? I haven't been able to find anything.

Leicestershire - £30 cheque on proof of purchase, spend must be £30+

Im in Manchester and only used the nappy service for 1 week, glad we got a trial as it made me realise I wouldn't use the service, the nappies were rough and way too big for Noah.

Im in Manchester and only used the nappy service for 1 week, glad we got a trial as it made me realise I wouldn't use the service, the nappies were rough and way too big for Noah.

same here, i found them bulky too, like i couldnt sit aimee down properly but i thought the service itself is good if you havent got the time to wash your own i ended it after 2 weeks, didnt even use the second weeks supply as i'd already gone out and bought my tots bots :thumbup:

Ive been trying to see what applies to the Tameside area...I contacted tameside council but have been ignored (argh) and the website is less than helpful...
any ideas?

Suffolk - access to and advice in the Suffolk Real Nappy Network Shop, cut price nappy trials and membership for £5 a year to be able to change, feed, keep warm etc :)

https://www.suffolkrealnappynetwork.org.uk/Public/Default.aspx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"