Nappy Newbie

MissMamma

Mummy
Reaction score
Okay so i've been researching and researching cloth nappies. Luckily i have a gorgeous little shop in my town that is dedicated to reusable nappies so i went in and had a chat with her.

I'm now thinking about buying 10 pop in originals [bamboo] because apparently they're amazing and 10 pop in dream dri [microfibre] because i don't have a tumble dryer and nappies will have to dry on an airer so need some that are relatively quick to dry in case i run out or forget to do a wash?!
I know they're not the prettiest but i will buy some pretties when i'm settled in a routine and am happy with the nappies...

Will this be enough nappies?

Has anyone had any experience with either and can give opinions on whether its a good choice?

I haven't used my pop in's yet but they seem very bulky, maybe to bulky for a tiny baby.

I have also brought some Bum Genius V3's that seem far less bulky. They are quite cheap at the moment as they are being discontinued.

I haven't got a tumble drier so I brought just 4 bamboo pop ins with the night boosters for night use, I then brought 6 of the Dream dri and 15 Bum Genius.

After much advice on this website I brought 2 brands, this gives you a chance to find out what works best for your bubs.

I do like the Pop In's though, other than the bulkyness they are cute.

you've already asked this honey but it's dropped off the page.

here you go
https://www.babyandbump.com/natural-parenting/355581-nappy-advice.html

bamboo ones

Pros
-really absorbent but need alot of prewashing to be fully prep'd so short term newborn wear should build them up nicely for you.
-take a while to dry
-inserts can go crispy

cons
-as with most btp's can be big on newborn (depends on birthweight really)
-at almost 8 months & 20lbs he's already on highest rise setting.so not sure how much more wear we will get

Oh, another thing, look on Fill Your Pants, they often have good deals on pop In's, when I ordered mine I emailed as they sell them in packs on 10, they agreed to do a mixed pack of Dream dri & Bamboo for me.

you've already asked this honey but it's dropped off the page.

here you go
https://www.babyandbump.com/natural-parenting/355581-nappy-advice.html

:blush: oops i couldn't find it and thought noone would notice if i made a new one!

I find popins do the job but to be honest i think they are bulky, difficult to put together and will not last till 35lbs, we can barely do ours up. They do do their job really well and we haven't had a leak from them though. Its far better to get a selection of different nappies if you can though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->