Nappy rash again!

marley2580

Reaction score
So Kaya's nappy rash has been flaring up on and off for the last month and today it flared up really bad. On her bum is a great big red mark that looks like severe sunburn while around her vagina is nasty looking red spots. This flare-up has come between one nappy change and another! It's obviously really sore for her.

So we've made the decision to stop offering her solids (she wasn't eating much anyway) and to put her in disposables (to allow for quick and often) changes until the rash clears up. We're using vaseline and canisten on her rash as well. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Is it possible to get her to spend as much time as possible without a nappy during the day? Sam's much younger so I don't know how often they wee at Kaya's age! Sounds like you're doing everything right though - was going to suggest canisten as well. Hope it clears up for her soon x

I found Bepanthen and Metonium are really good, this was also suggested by HV x x

Instead of using baby wipes try just using water and a soft cloth. Also letting her have some open air time is good.

Should have said that we're only using cotton wool and water. Kaya's at that akward stage when she's crawling and pulling herself up to stand, meaning that if she pees she then crawls through it and gets it everywhere. I'm getting the garden made safe for her soon, so she can go nappy free all the time outside.

Marley, did u consult a doc?

did u try bepathen?

if it is so persistent, it might not be just nappy rash, but eczema or herpes???

or something in your diet?

i did see a doc and they said that it wasn't exema as it was confined to the nappy area. On another note, poor Kaya's come down with the same cold I've got!

poor her!

hope you both get better soon :hi:

Poor thing! Im not sure what to suggest other than open air time like the girls have said. Other than that, it sounds like you know what you are doing. I hope the little lady gets better soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->