Nappy rash cream?

princess_bump

Happy Wife & Mumma!
Reaction score
Poor Maddi has bad nappy rash due to teething :cry: Have tried sudocreme, johnsons and bepatham, any ideas on if their was something better i could try? x

What I do is, I change her bum, wipe her over, get some tissue to make sure shes dry, and leave her nappy off for half hour or so. Then I put Sudocrem on her bum and put her nappy on. It's usually gone by the morning x

Have they not helped at all? With my dd any of those cremes helped right away. If theres no improvement at all check with doc/hv in case its thrush and not nappy rash.

Also, don't use creme unless its needed as they can block the nappy, stopping it from working well, which can cause nappy rash.

Also, lots of nappy free time, and cotton wool and water instead of wipes should help.

I never use creams unless I have to either, but if I do, a good one is Metonium. Jack has never had much more than a few spots on his bum, but I had read good reviews on this one. The only downside is that you have to be REALLY careful not to get the cream onto any fabrics as it will stain instantly!!! (it is a yellowy colour)
Hope her bum is better soon:hugs:

I agree with Toria getting some fresh air with no diaper is great , as the main thing is to keep them dry give that a shot :) if it dosent go away speak to your GP for something else .

Oh yeah, nappy free time is essential, I am forever getting soaked!!:rofl::rofl::dohh::blush:

I agree with the No diaper thing. Let your babe lay on a blanket or towel :) I used the Burts Bees diaper cream and it worked pretty well.

I use penaten with Jasper. Its quite pricey, but its definately effective.

Its the brand we used at the center and we had lots of parents comment that after a day with us using penaten on their bubs bots they were amazed at how much of a difference it had made to their nappy rash.

Also, totally agree on nudey time!

I've used penetin and desitin.. desitin works quite well. Not sure if you get that there but I like it. Angelynn was having quite a few pimples on her bum and it cleared up quite quickly with that. But again as all the others have said try to keep her bum dry :)

thank you all very much for all your help and great advice as always :) more nappy free time for miss maddilynne me thinks! x

Alasdair has awful nappy rash at the moment too. Today we were at my Mum's so he spent hours withotu a nappy on (her carpet, not mine!) and we've also been using kamillosan. I got it cos it was the most expensive lol. I've found that sudocream makes it worse if anything and bepanthem and that metonium don't seem to help him much :( I'm hoping kamillosan and more nappy free time tomorrow will do the trick. It's really bad like there's a bit on his testicles that looks so raw.

Hope Maddi's improves soon too.

im not sure on this because lily hasnt had too bad nappy rash before but my friend swears by natural yoghurt!? If i'm completely loopy feel free to let me no :)

i have heard that live yoghurt is good for nappy rash...though i dont know if it works and sounds messy

ooops didnt see embo216's post....but maybe try the yoghurt...it must be good as it is recommended for thrush also

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->