Nappy rash? Is it common?

channy3232

Reaction score
So my parents are watching Rocco tomorrow and I was just on the phone with my Mom discussing when we would bring him over. I said to her "just to warn you, his butt is pretty sore. He's had some messy poops the past few days, and he's sore from them. I think he's been getting teeth. He's been chewing on his fingers a lot" She was like "hmmmm that's weird. He shouldn't be getting diaper rash at HIS age. He's walking. He's not laying in his poop like a baby that doesn't crawl or walk yet" I went on to tell her we change him frequently, and definitely as soon as he poops, and he also wakes up at night (most of the time) when he poos so I'll go in and change him. I kind of felt like she was insinuating that I didn't change him enough (that's something she would do. He's also "too skinny" and I don't "feed him enough") Is she right that two year olds never get sore bottoms? If they're still in diapers, I don't see why that couldn't happen right?

Amelie was getting nappy rashes on and off until she was potty trained. Now she doesnt get them at all.

Ronan never got nappy rash until he started walking, so take that for what you will. It has nothing to do with their state of mobility and everything to do with wearing nappies and their skin coming into contact with urine and poop, even if only for brief periods of time. I've always changed Ronan within 5-10 minutes of him going, but even now as he has diarrhea and it's really nasty and irritating him, I'm changing it in a matter of minutes and his skin still flares.

Aidan has nappy rash & he's walking. Thankfully he can get rid of it quite well xxx

Elle has a rash at least once a week. She walks/runs/jumps/whatever. And she got it when she didn't walk yet. I think some kids just have more sensitive bums than others.

Teething gives rash regardless if they are walking or crawling. Parents tend to forget all that stuff as their memories fade.

I think your parents must be forgetting!

I think we all agree that these rashes are a very normal part of a diapered-toddler's life.

My LO got his first nappy rash a few weeks go and he is walking! He is never left to sit in a dirty nappy and we change it frequently. I thought it was because his wee/poo might be stronger or different since he has had cows milk and different/adventurous foods that he hasn't had before :blush:

nate still gets some whooper rashes so its definately possible but as we are starting PT then hopefully they will go

No worries Momma, both my kids 6 & 2 still get sore sometimes from not properly wiping. They both have very sensitive skin. They were and still are very rashy kids. :)

I think some kids are more prone than others personally. Sam doesn't get nappy rash ever really (occasional little redness that clears up very quick) so I'd say that it's more to do with their skin type perhaps?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->