Nappy rash on cloth bum

Helen

ICSI Twins + miracle BFP
Reaction score
Hi

Tom's had a nappy rash for getting on for about 3 weeks now. It started a day that I put him in a disposable cos we were going out somewhere and we can't seem to sort it out. I dunno if that actually caused it, but the frilly bit around the legs seemed to irritate his skin and trigger it off.

Last week I got some cream prescribed by my HV and that combined with vaseline seems to be working. Having tried just about anything, I've had him in disposables for almost a week, my thinking being that they are dry against his skin. Anyway the rash had just about gone a couple of days ago and I put him back in a cloth nappy only for the rash to flare right up again. :dohh:

Any suggestions? Should I be putting an extra booster in now? Do you think it's teething or cos he's been under the weather lately? Think I should go back to docs?

Ta

Helen

xx

was the rash thrush?if so then the candida could still be in the nappies so you may have to boil them to kill it off? Other the that I am stumped. Seren had a rash flare up after dispos but it went as soon as I got her into cloth again. What liners do you use? I found that when Seren was teething her wee was very strong, and this was helped by using fleece liners. Other reasons could be a change in washing powder? I would give your nappies an extra rinse after washing to make sure all the powder is out.

helen i have some boosters that i dont really like that i bought to use with rhys... would you like me to send them to you?

was the rash thrush?if so then the candida could still be in the nappies so you may have to boil them to kill it off?

Hmmm.... :-k...no-one has actually said "thrush". The HV said it could be "fungal" and the cream we have is the same as Canesten (sp?) 1% cream. Pharmacist said it's not the same as Canesten thrush cream though. Might try boiling the nappies (hope they don't shrink!) though do you think Charlotte would get the rash too? They share the same nappies.

Other the that I am stumped. Seren had a rash flare up after dispos but it went as soon as I got her into cloth again. What liners do you use? I found that when Seren was teething her wee was very strong, and this was helped by using fleece liners.

We use the paper(ish) disposable liners. TBH I don't think my stomach will take fleece liners. :sick: :lol:

Other reasons could be a change in washing powder? I would give your nappies an extra rinse after washing to make sure all the powder is out.

Will give the extra rinse a go. I did change washing powder a while back to a bio and all seemed ok, but I've changed back again to non-bio since he developed the rash.

helen i have some boosters that i dont really like that i bought to use with rhys... would you like me to send them to you?

Ta for the offer Terrie. I've got a mountain of boosters that came with nappies we went for, I guess I just need to dust them off and give them a go.

Thanks for the suggestions.

H

xx

60 degrees is suffuicient, and I would keep an eye on Charlotte just in case she shows any signs. It could be that Thomas is just a heavier wetter, i which case the booster will help. Change him more frequently and leave him nappy free as much as you can, I always found this helped clear up any rash with Seren.

lol @ fleece liners, think I am immune now,plus the paper ones never worked well with her and it was easier to just have the fleece.

this link has somegood suggestions,hope it clears soon

https://www.treehuggermums.co.uk/articles/clothnappies/article.php?article=174

Teething used to give ewan a very sensitive bum. and he would get nappy rash.

Ella gets nappy rash when I use cloth, Alex doesn't and we use the same nappies. In fact I put her in cloth a couple days ago after a break from when we went on hols and within two nappies she had spots on her bum, which have gotten worse the past couple of days so I think I'll have to use sposies permanently on her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->