Nappy rash

Arcanegirl

Bazinga!!
Reaction score
Was discussing this with Eala earlier, maybe someone has some suggestions.

Alex always seems to have nappy rash these days, theres even a bit that is still there from when he had a really bad bout of it, but its not shifting at all.

Were using fleece liners now but im not sure theyre helping with the night time nappies. We had to change Alex at 1am last night and when i felt the fleece it felt clammy, this was after the nappy had been on for 6 hours.
Its like the wee isnt being drawn away?

Oh I have this too. It is a nightmare. Using disposable wipes seems to be the culprit as every time we switch back to them it comes back. Then she scratches herself because she's itchy and makes it worse. Aargh.

I've heard that fleece liners on certain types of diapers don't wick the wee away properly when used with certain type of nappies. Have heard they don't work great with Bumgenius ones for instance. I always use paper ones myself so don't have any experience to impart.

Its definatley not the wipes, weve used cloth ones since birth.

Its Bumgenius we use for overnight aswell :dohh: can anyone else elaborate more with BG and fleece?

Actually, weve used disposable liners aswell untill a week ago and the rash is ongoing...

When your Issys arrive, could you try him in Issys for a few nights and see if it improves things?

is he still teething at all?

also have you strip washed recently? as the rash could be caused by a detergent build up

Teething yes, but this has been an issue even without teething, it jsut seems to get worse when he does (like last night)
And i did a strip wash about 4 weeks ago.

I found that when Em is teething and getting a rash 2 parters with wool/fleece as well as a fleece liner seem to help clear it up overnight as there's more air flow.
Have you tried a raw silk liner for day time use, I think they rock!
Sorry can't help with the liner/BG conundrum though as I don't use BGs.

From memory, I think it is the micro-fleece and fleece combo that causes the problem. The wee can leak out the legs rather than down into the diaper.

Ive considered getting fitteds and a wool cover to try but i just havent got the cash atm :(

the only thing that has helped hunters constant rash is using ONLY chamomile tea as a wipes solution, bepanthen for the redness (and a fleece liner to save the nappy) (bepanthen is the ONLY cream that shifted the redness, be sure to REALLY rub it in or it rubs off) and rinsing every nappy wash like i have OCD! :haha:

I have this trouble too and have decided to try fitteds and a fleece soaker for nights to allow his bum some breathing space. Im hoping that and some nappy free time will help :)

The only way I can keep nappy rash at bay is to use barrier cream at every nappy change. I use Weleda nappy cream.

The other week, I must have forgotten to put cream on, LO done a poo & her bum flared up really quickly, to advanced nappy rash (blisters). I used Metanium - by the next day, rash cleared up. I would only use Metanium when absolutely necessary as its very strong stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->