nappy rash

ablaze

lucky mum of one of each!
Reaction score
callum has had it for about a month now, and i mean bright red sore blisters, i have tried everythin!!! any ideas???

Wash his bum in warm water everytime you change his bottom, pat dry and put on a spot of talc and some sudocream.

What wipes do you use??? If they have scented water in them just use cotton wool and water.

xxx

i use boots own 1s the unscented 1s

I'd just try warm water and cotton wool when your at home ...

xxx

Just keep going hunni, change his bum everytime he wee's (know it can be expensive so buy some cheepies??) and slapping on the cream and do the warm water ....

Bath everynight to get rid of the imoneia from the urine would prob help too

Poor lil mite ... hope your btter soon callum!
xxx

i thinm its cos hes teethin, hes poopin loads which aint helpin!!

Teething does make nappy rash a lot more likely as their wee contains a lot more ammonia for some reason. We have just had this with Noah, and the problem is you cant keep the area dry and clean in a nappy! Ihave had him on hydrocortazone cream from GP, but in the end Ifound what got rid of it was giving him 2 days of nappy free time, which wasnt as bad as I thought but then a lot of my floors are laminate! He just got a bit upset at doing a poo on the floor, first time he had seen himself do it! but it gave the sores a chance to properly heal, much like having a couple of days cleaning up after a puppy!

Do you use cloth or disposables? There is more chance of a reaction in disposables due to chemical reactions. I stuck Noah in cotton terry nappys with lanolised wool and it let his skin breath and stay cool over night and his skin felt slky soft in the morning.

ive got laminate, but hes jst started crawling and i no he wud end up wi friction burns if i put him in the nude lol :(

u not got they pampers crawlers? i put them on colby she loves them, looks really cute with them on too :headspin: i think i got a spare pair if u want them? the ones i have for colby have velcro so u can tighten them up so they dont slip down

pm me if u want them :happydance:

like little knee pads only they say pampers on em

will show u later on cam :rofl:

Or babylegs? Noah has loads, they arnt that cheap but they fit birth to 10 years, so a bargin in the long run. When they in wearing nappies they are great to as they make nappy changes very easy cause you dont have to undress them at all, but protect little knees and keep legs warm, also great if you have a child that loves to pull their socks off. Noah wont ever keep his socks on for 5 mins, but wont even try to pull off his babylegs.

oooh never heard of either!!! will have 2 nosy!! do u get babylegs with grips? just am scared hell slip!

Baby legs can be put on so they either start ankle up or half way down the foot, so the ball of the foot and toes are kept open, another reason why Iprefer them to socks, they do stop them from sliding about on hard floors!!

I agree with the no nappy thing - it really is the best thing for them. I don't think he will get a friction burn. Seren always gets a sore bum when she teeths so I will leave her nappy free as much as I can, only putting one on when we have to go out. Hope it goes soon.

ooh didn't read the bit about baby legs. They are fab and just so cute.

Weestar you can put socks on too, I usually put them over her tights or over her socks but in this weather I wouldn't bother.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh Bless him!!!! Hope something works babe, that sounds bloody nasty! :hugs:

Amelia has this exact thing at the min... the chemist bloke said it sounds like a fungal infection... I was horrified but he said its common in babies n a lot of people assume that its nappy rash ... its caught off nappies etc ... he gave me a cream called clotrimazole cream 1%. I only started using it today so I will let you know if it clears up...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->