Nappy Rash

Becky

Jacobs Mummy
Reaction score
Jacob has awful nappy rash at the moment his front and back are both just bright red and blotchy! It gets to a certain point normally first thing in the morning and last thing at night where he screams when I even put a wipe near him! I have been trying to give him as much time as possible with his nappy off to let the air get to it and been using sudocrem but it doesnt seem any better at all! I know why it started I changed from Pampers new baby to Pampers baby dry so I have changed back to the old nappys again but I feel so sorry for him. Any ideas? x

oh poor poor thing, maddi had bad bottom rash a few days ago, it was her teeth that were making it bad, could he be teething?

we use pampers baby dry and find them really good for her. also lots of nappy free time and i have found bepanthen cream to work well, though i think sudocrem is just as good x

Hunter gets really bad rashes when he teethes, and it doesn't really let up until the teeth comes through. My Pediatrician told me that putting his bum in just water (no soap or anything) will make it better and less painful. We have done that, and it did work. I also use a all natural diaper rash cream, I have found that they work a lot better and make the bum less irritated.

i wud say bepanthan is the better one for nappy rash...if u dont already then wak on loads with each nappy obviously wen he pees its prob guna sting the area so yer jus keep it creamed oh and if u havent already maybe try cotton wool and water rather then wipes for a cupple days...n jus hope he doesnt have big poos lol it cud become fidly lol....hope it clears up for him soon x x x

We use sudocrem on her bum then on her nappy before folding it up I rub vaseline on so that stops the rubbing and the sudocrem can work its stuff x

Well it's totally not the same, but I get super bad eczema all over my body, including "down there" (slightly tmi I know) and it stings to pee etc, so my advice is based on what I can tell you about how it feels lol!

Definately use bepanthen rather than sudocreme, and stick to cotton wool and water, the thought of anything like wipes etc makes me eyes water just thinking about it! When it starts to clear up, try and stick to hypoallergenic/ none fragranced wipes coz regular ones can be really drying on the skin and it might contribute to his nappy rash problem...

Jenns advice of water is great... it really does help ease the pain!

Hope that helps a little bit and he feels better soon x

lots of nappy free time and maybe try natural yoghurt...supposed to be good if a little messy

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
babygiftcoll
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->