nasty mommy...

bigbelly2

mommy of 2!
Reaction score
well today has turned the BIG 8 months and i decide to break him!!

let me explain, He is a bit of a nightmare baby and is so clingy its ridiculous, this goes as far as me having to hold him when i have a wee if we are out and about or at a friends house!!

He is fine with me or his daddy and kind of ok with his nan but anyone else comes into the house or if we go out and there are people he doesnt know he goes mental...hes the most anti social baby i have met...so for his sake i have had to do something, One of my good friends who has two children of her own (boys) one was the devil reincarnated *sp* lol and shes training to be a childminder herself, she has a lovely family and her hubby is a child protection officer in cid so im really happy hes in safe hands,...

started off well and handed him over at the school gates, literally 2 mins later i could hear hin screaming the other side of the playground, id agreed to go to the wacky with them and just be there but not let him see me..my god my son has lungs...for 35 mins he screamed and screamed and screamed...not just a half hearted one either i mean as in oh my god im being murdered scream...(im such a cold hearted *itc* it didnt really effect me that much as i knew he was just having a major strop/temper tantrum..she took him in the ball park and started to calm down, so i quickly made my escape....She has text me a pic of her holding him and hes asleep so shel get a bit of peace and quiet lol but for how long god knows

Do you think im mad doing this? I feel like I have to do it as hes going to really struggle socially when he starts going to play group etc and it really does effect our social activities we do..we literally can do..er nothing lol he has got worse over the past 2 months because he has become so aware of people around him, since i have gone back to work hes just been with his dad and he wont take him out anywhere apart from to see his mom which hasnt helped, if all goes well im going to ask her to have him fri for me so he doesnt have too much of a break and then next tue.....my little man is such a mommys boy and thats lovely but i think im right in what im doing, lets hope my friend is still my friend later lol...

Have any of you had any similar problems and what happened?

h x

id say your doing the right thing hun its better to this sooner rather then later ad i think its good for him too hope it goes well xx

You need to do whats best for everyone and I cab totally understand how it would be frustrating to have such a clingy baby.

Let me first say welldone you! especially hearing him screaming, i so would have caved but like you said he is just having a strop etc and was totally in safe hands and there is nothing wrong with him etc
I guess it just takes time.
Tabs was like that for a while if i went into another room and she couldnt see me etc,she would go mental and even if someone else is holding her she will turn her head like an owl to make sure im there. I have no issues with this YET as i have no plans to return to work just yet because of my circumstances.
It gets to the point like this even when Daddy comes over, she sometimes screams when she sees him but im not sure what thats all about really.

Anyway god for you girl, you have to do it for your own sanity and you dont want him going to the loo with you when he is 18! lmao
xxxxxxxxxx
Big hugs to you and Tommy from me and the Tabs

Sounds to me like you're doing the right thing xxx

yes, i think it's good to start earlier and later. It's hard but it's for the best !

sounds like you've done the right thing, you're braver then me!

keely.

i think ur doing the right thing too, im not sure if id be able to listen to my LO scream but so long as u know theres nothing wrong with him, i dont think theres anything wrong with letting him cry a bit, better to get it sorted now than when he's older and even more stroppy lol

x

well done you! i would def say you are doing the right thing as it will only effect him later in life at nursery etc. i bet after a few times of him going it will get alot easier and he will prob enjoy it. then once he has learnt to trust someone else it will prob come alot easier in the future with other people. hope it goes well!

Sometimes you have to use tough love!

Seriously, I see many moms who cater to their kids on their first day of daycare, preschool, etc. Once they hear their kids crying, they rush back in.

As much as it pained me to see Amanda and Jayden crying when I left them for their first day at preschool, I knew I couldn't cave in and used tough love.

So, truly, I think you are doing the right thing and it is better to start now than later. :hugs:

well said leeanne, i think you've done the right thing for you and tommy hayley. big :hugs: x

I think it's best for both him and you, I agree with Leeanne, sometimes tough love is the way to go :hugs:

well...when i picked him up from school i couldnt hear him as i walked through the gates lol he saw me and gave me a huge great big smile and giggle...thankfully my friend said he fell asleep about 11 (she thinks he screamed himself to sleep) but when he woke u he had his bottle and they went for a walk and he was a totally different baby!! She said he was no trouble and as they were walking about he was gurgling away....She said she would have him next tuesday aswell but we have agreed that she will have him this thursday so its not too long til he goes next then just once a week unless he takes a step backwards...so phew our friendship is still intact, he didnt give her a nervous breakdown and was still fast asleep at 745!! lets hope he gets better

h x

sounds like your doing the right thing to me, just think how bad it could be if hes still like it when hes older so u did the right thing well done mummy

Brilliant hayley sounds like u did the right thing well done you!!!!

I think this is a good idea. My nephew's gonna be 3 next month and is only used to his parents and is so spoiled so when he goes to family events or anything he only talks to his mom or dad, and you don't want a kid like that! Plus he's such a little brat! I think what you're doing will save you from MAJOR temper tantrums in the future!

I admire you for what you have done. Its verfy brave but I do agree its exactly the right thing to do.
x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abourne499
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->