Nasty Poos and cloth....

diaper spray is something you attach to the toilet and its like a shower head.

I havent seen one for sale over here

I thought I'd seen a picture on the net of one like that....would be much better than using the shower...I HATE having poo in my bath, then you have to clean the bath out after, just cos LO pooped!

Sara - doesn't it bother you having to shower poop out?

x

i couldnt stand having poo in my bath :sick:
i flush the nappy after getting the worst of it with loo roll then i use the shower to get rig of any lil bits that r left, we have a shower in our en suite and a sink right next to it so thats been designated the poo sink!! although i do bleach it every time i do it still (i know not very natural but i'm a clean freak!!):blush:

Our toilet is right next to the sink... do you think it would work to get one of those cheapie shower head things that fix onto taps and use that from the sink into the toilet?

tried that hun n it doesnt work..the pressure you need to get the poo off makes the attachment come off instead!! if you bougt the taps with the shower already attached then i dont see why that wouldnt work tho...we're looking into that as i want a new bathroom suite and i'd prefer those taps for rinsing my hair etc and would be fab for rinsing opp into the toilet ( my loo is right next to the bath :thumbup:

sara

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I'm a clean freak too and HATE it! :sick: so like you, bleach the whole bloody bath after....by the time I've done it, Deri is usually fed up waiting for me!!!! :dohh:

If you got the worst out with toilet paper and flushed away and just put the nappy in the pail til wash time, would it stain? And surely then your washing machine gets full of poop?

x

You could probably use a shower head over the toilet too...I know usually they dont' have a ton of water pressure though..where the diaper sprayer has quite a bit so it sprays it all off lol. But no they aren't too expensive...over here around $30 I think? I got lucky and found one brand new on craigslist for only $15. Try checking ebay though

i would think it'd stain n that would drive me MAD!!!!!!! i'd be goin at my preciopus cloth with a scrubbing brush n bleach :lol:

i couldnt put proper poo in my nwasher either!!! :sick:especially when we get the new one i'd be paranoid it got smeared on the seal n i got it all over our clothes :cry:

Or if you can't find one here is directions on how to make one yourself

Supplies needed- you can get them at any hardware store

3/8"x3/8"x3/8" tee
barb splicer
sink sprayer
hose clamps 2
toilet supply line

1. Shut off water at the valve behind the toilet
2. Remove supply line to toilet from the valve
3. Install 3/8"x3/8"x3/8" tee to valve (One end should be horizontal- the other two are up and down)
4. Take the removed supply line and install it to the tee-the top of the tee
5. Cut off large end of new toilet supply line
6. Insert the barb splicer (this will connect the toilet supply line and the sprayer)
7. Put hose clamp on the new toilet supply line
8. Cut off very end of the sink sprayer
9. Install on the other end of the barb splicer
10. Add all of this to the other end of the 3/8"x3/8"x3/8" tee-which is horizontal
11. You are finished. You can buy a hook to hang the sprayer on the wall.

You could probably use a shower head over the toilet too...I know usually they dont' have a ton of water pressure though..where the diaper sprayer has quite a bit so it sprays it all off lol. But no they aren't too expensive...over here around $30 I think? I got lucky and found one brand new on craigslist for only $15. Try checking ebay though

Yeah it takes me ages to wash poop out :sick:

i would think it'd stain n that would drive me MAD!!!!!!! i'd be goin at my preciopus cloth with a scrubbing brush n bleach :lol:

i couldnt put proper poo in my nwasher either!!! :sick:especially when we get the new one i'd be paranoid it got smeared on the seal n i got it all over our clothes :cry:

Totally agree! Do any of you use flushable liners all the time? When I have caught (most of) the poo in one, they're pretty good but I was paranoid that when they get wet from wee, they were making Deri's bum sore?

Or if you can't find one here is directions on how to make one yourself

Supplies needed- you can get them at any hardware store

3/8"x3/8"x3/8" tee
barb splicer
sink sprayer
hose clamps 2
toilet supply line

1. Shut off water at the valve behind the toilet
2. Remove supply line to toilet from the valve
3. Install 3/8"x3/8"x3/8" tee to valve (One end should be horizontal- the other two are up and down)
4. Take the removed supply line and install it to the tee-the top of the tee
5. Cut off large end of new toilet supply line
6. Insert the barb splicer (this will connect the toilet supply line and the sprayer)
7. Put hose clamp on the new toilet supply line
8. Cut off very end of the sink sprayer
9. Install on the other end of the barb splicer
10. Add all of this to the other end of the 3/8"x3/8"x3/8" tee-which is horizontal
11. You are finished. You can buy a hook to hang the sprayer on the wall.

Are you a plumber? :rofl: Thanks hun! Don't think my OH would go for that tbh :-(

x

Hahaha no...I found it on another diaper website :)

It actually doesn't mess with your toilet water line at all, you just unscrew that and add something to it...if you ever wanted to take it back off you just take off the T shaped line that you would add to it and plug it right back up like it was before.

i use flushable liners every other day for the mornin only!! daisy usually only pooes every 3 days and she ALWAYS pooes in the morning!! if we get to about 1pm n she hasnt pooed i dont use liners for the rest of the day :thumbup: to br honest tho i dont find it any less work with them in :shrug: still gotta shower the bits the liner didnt catch

xxxxxxxx

i use flushable liners every other day for the mornin only!! daisy usually only pooes every 3 days and she ALWAYS pooes in the morning!! if we get to about 1pm n she hasnt pooed i dont use liners for the rest of the day :thumbup: to br honest tho i dont find it any less work with them in :shrug: still gotta shower the bits the liner didnt catch

xxxxxxxx

Very true! x

:rofl: i have some visions of you spraying a nappy down in the shower and the clag nut getting clogged in the plug hole and you having to do the finger wiggle to get the lumps down, and then taking the toliet to pieces OH MY MY :dohh:.

one word Lisa "HUGGIESSSSSSSS"

we're the same here at the moment. I use disposable liners, it's hard to do it with the itti bittis as they're so narrow but i wrap them round horizontally rather than vertically. If we haven't used a liner i'll try and remove as much as i can with a chuck of toilet roll then spray the rest of with the shower.

I guess Im the only one that puts poo in the washing machine then :rofl:

sod it its not my washing machine

must said i have being a little bit scare to venture into the cloths diapers as well :(....more i read more i find it will be difficult to handle :(...
they seem to bit more Eco but like Lisa said i do wander as well if when we add up the electricity + water usage +and detergent really how Eco they do become ?

I dont know if i am attracted more by all the beautiful colors and design that they come into that really being Eco friendly if i am honest with myself:blush:.

But for sure are they more practical then the disposable ones ? no really me think...

Miel the colours attract me for sure. I talked to my hubby before Hebe was born about the benefits. He is a geography graduate and he says there is no difference ecologically. If you read some of the literature (certainly in the UK) they cant say they are a more eco friendly alternative because it's not proven. :?

I want to try them because this will probably be my last baby and I want to have experienced them. :)

I remember when i was pregnant and everyone was saying how much more friendly they were to the environment but now they've changed their tune and say it's possibly abit more. Tbh I just like the idea of my baby having soft cloth next to her bum rather than slightly rougher disposbales - the colours are an evil temptation :devil: :laugh2:

I remember when i was pregnant and everyone was saying how much more friendly they were to the environment but now they've changed their tune and say it's possibly abit more. Tbh I just like the idea of my baby having soft cloth next to her bum rather than slightly rougher disposbales - the colours are an evil temptation :devil: :laugh2:

thats the clincher for me!!

Yeah I've heard the debate...how can they really be better with all the washing. I think if you are line drying, using all natural stuff such as prefolds...it would be. But really I chose it because I like cloth better haha. I did sposies with my older 2 and I think cloth is much better, more comfy and so cute :D

Having got some here I definitely like the idea of the soft cloth on their bums. :)

UK version of a diaper sprayer - a hand-held bidet - https://www.aquastream.co.uk/

I don't have one - I use the shower head and spray the nappy over a bucket and pour the pooey liquid down the loo.

mervs mum, Jack aslo does fantastic poo bombs. I use little lambs washable fleece liners. I just take it out and hold it over the toilet and I'm lucky enough that the shower head in the main bathroom reaches the toilet pot. I turn it up onto the fierecest setting and blast it down the basin. It all comes off then goes in the nappy bucket with a drop of tee tree oil.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->