National Childbirth Trust (NCT) classes and membership

colsy

Mummy to 2 li'l pudd'ns
Reaction score
I asked this in first tri, but of course most girls on there won't actually have done antenatal classes yet.

Would like to hear from people who've joined the NCT. Do you think it was worth you joining? Have you got lots out of it? Would you recommend to others? Or would you say just do their classes but don't actually join?

Thanks xx

I would say go the classes, but we didn't pay to join and as far as I can see, we haven't missed out on anything. We went to an intensive course, 3 sessions for £150. It was really good, there were only 7 other couples whereas there are a lot more in the NHS run classes. The teacher was very good and because the class was small, it was a lot easier to ask questions.

I'm glad I went to classes, even though I only managed 3 out of 6 because I kept getting sent to hospital!

My group are still in touch, we've got our reunion booked, a curry night this week and a BBQ planned.

The classes were great, the leader was really wonderful and had some much time for us. We often ran over, and she has been in touch via email between classes if anyone needed anything.

I've not taken advantage of membership yet, but I've had a couple of booklets and there is so much on in this area. We also have an e-group so there are lots of impromptu meet ups. All the other couples on the course are members.

I think what the NCT do is wonderful, and for the price I was more than happy to support them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->