Natural Bath Time Products

K

kirsten1985

We have been using a combination of Johnsons shampoo, Neals Yard Baby Bath and baby bath bombs from Lush.

I am only using the Johnsons 'cos we got given soooo much of it when she was born and I don't like to waste stuff. However, I would like to stop using it as I'm sure it's not doing Freya's eczema any good. The Neals Yard stings eyes really bad, so I don't like using it on her hair and the bath bombs are obv only for the bath water, not washing. We only use products every other day anyway, just plain water otherwise.

Can anyone recommend a natural baby bath/wash/shampoo that is nice for their skin and does the job?

Thanks! :thumbup:

I use mainly plain water on Adam but I have Weleda Baby Calendula Shampoo & Body Wash and Little Me Organics Mmm Moisture Babies Hair & Body Wash, They're SLS free. We use the tiniest amount and only when he needs it, like when his bum is stained orange! I won't be using Johnson's products till Adam is a lot older, if ever, actually.

I love the lush baby bath bombs! They make her sleep so well. We use burts bees baby bee shampoo and wash. It's definitely tear free cos i tried with a big blob in my eye before i used on her! There is a list of the ingredients on the site (I don't know what allergies your LO has) https://www.burtsbees.co.uk/natural...m-washes-and-soaps/baby-bee-shampoo-wash.html and you can get it from waitrose/john lewis boots etc xxx

The body shop have an excellent baby range, I use it for Charlotte its brill, a little bit pricey but worth it x

https://www.thebodyshop.co.uk/_en/_gb/search/search.aspx?Search=buritti&orderdesc=true

Thanks, I think I'll try the Burts Bees one, looks really good!

No problem hun...but beware that once you have used Burts Bees once, you will have a whole other addiction on your hands!!! Their products are just too yummy! :haha:

my mum who is nursery nurse swears by https://www.weleda.co.uk/Baby/icat/baby for children with eczema.

Not sure what all brands we have that yall would, but I love Method baby (they have kids too and one that smells like apples is amazing) Landon has terrible eczema and this doesn't effect him even with the scents. Another great one for eczema is Medela. California Kids, Burt's Bees and Earth's Best

Kian had very bad eczema and i used to use wheatgerm as its known for being soothing. I'd put it into some tights and it would make the water milky. I've also used Allergenics products which you can get from health food shops. At the moment with Niamh i'm using earth friendly baby products which i got from the health food shops. Johnsons products tend to be very harsh on delicate/sensitive skin and i won't use them again. You need to avoid products that contain sodium lauryl/laureth.

My absolute favourite is Method baby hair and body wash, it smells delicious. You can get it in boots or here https://www.methodproducts.co.uk/ and it makes your baby smell like marshmallows, yum! Really reasonably priced compared to a lot of the other earth friendly ones.

I also really rate Weleda products, and Avène, think Avène's nappy cream is nicer than Weleda.

We have about 4 years worth of Johnsons but Amelies skin is still really quite sensitive.

Anyway, I also use burts bees, l'occitane, and philosophy do a baby wash too :) Theyre all expensive but worth it, and you use such a tiny amount anyway so it lasts ages.

babyshambelle, thats so sweet that u tried a blob in your eye first!!!

x

We have about 4 years worth of Johnsons but Amelies skin is still really quite sensitive.

Anyway, I also use burts bees, l'occitane, and philosophy do a baby wash too :) Theyre all expensive but worth it, and you use such a tiny amount anyway so it lasts ages.

That's the problem I'm having with the Johnsons! We got given so much and you use so little...think I'll just make OH use it and get something better for Freya!

Thanks for all the suggestions :)

babyshambelle, thats so sweet that u tried a blob in your eye first!!!

x

Haha, I did it with the johnsons stuff too :blush: I would have taken them back if they had hurt my eyes! I'd have demonstrated at the counter "look...im crying....I want a refund!" :thumbup:

:rofl: Babyshambelle!!

I use the two bottles of Johnsons we got given, as make-up remover and moisturisers - they're not going near Sofia, we have such bad eczema in our family but so far fingers crossed she's got none.

:blush: i feel bad now i use johnsons shampoo and johnsons baby bath and johnsons top to toe wash every couple of days when i bath her...

im going to get something else :blush:

x

Awww, don't feel bad :hugs:

I bought the Method Baby body wash when Sofia was born, she's now nearly 5 months, we use it every other day or every 3 days and there's still a lot in the bottle. It was £5.

I feel bad too Ellie! I have been using Johnsons for the last 4 months! :blush: I bought the Method Baby today as there was no Burt's Bees :( I did a Babyshambelle and put a glob in my eye to test it, lol, it stung a bit but I don't think it would if it just ran through the eyes with water, I did sort of rub it in a bit! :rofl:

I will have to think of something to do with all the Johnsons we have though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->