Natural Birth After Uterine Rupture?

JustKia

LTTTC
Reaction score
I know the definitive answer will be to talk to my doctorbut if you read my LTTTC journal (in siggie) you'll see that I don't really trust him.

In Oct 2004 I suffered a uterine rupture at almost 20 weeks due to what is believed to have been a cornual pregnancy.

I know people can and do successfully deliver vaginally after a c-section but their scar would be in a different place to mine which is where my left tube would have joined my uterus.

Is it reasonable for me to want to plan to deliver vaginally if (PMA - when not if) I am blessed with a pregnancy?

The scar has already had 7 years healing time now.

Best case scenario I would wish to have a drug free home water birth.

Hi hun, I know a whole bunch about VBAC but have no idea about birth after a UR.

I'm guessing because UR is actually quite rare there arent too many studies on birth after them....especially vaginal birth after a UR l(let alone an unusual UR).

I would speak to a couple OB's and MW and see what they say,l legally if you want to attempt VBAC you cannot be stopped but I would imagine that it wouldn't be recommended on account of the scar being higher up the uterus.

If you do manage to find anything let me know I'd be interested to hear what the verdict is. Perhaps speak to ICAN (international Cesarean awareness network) they may be able to help with some info.

Thanks hun, I'll look them up and see if they can offer any advice.

Good luck with your journey, be strong and you will get what you want within the realms of keeping yourself and baby safe.

It'll be your turn when the time is right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->