Natural family planning while WTT

Calico_Dreams

Reaction score
Does anyone have favorite resources for using natural family as BC while WTT? Are the apps for TTC equally useful for this? I haven't used any of them yet.

I'm going off the Nuvaring this Sunday, as much for health reasons as anything. We won't be TTC until around the end of the year. I want to see where my cycles are at, and give plenty of time in case it takes a while for me to ovulate.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Sorry I don't have any advise about natural family planning but I'm interested to see if anyone does cause just like you we are waiting till the end of the year but I've been on bc for a long time now and want to give my cycles time so the natural route is interesting :coffee:

So we don't natural family plan per se but I have not been on bc since before our first child and we don't want to have another one until after June this year. We use the pull out method and it has not failed us at all since we used it for a while before our first as well. I also make sure that I pay attention to my cycles (they are super regular) so I know when we have to be "extra" careful.

I was on bc for 8 years prior to trying to conceive and didn't have an issue picking up a normal cycle but I've also heard it can vary so it doesn't hurt to give your body a few months without it before trying.

The book Taking Charge of Your Fertility has a lot of good information about tracking cycles. I read it when I started TTC but it has good info for natural family planning also.

Starting today I went off BC and will be using natural family planning as well. I had success with it in the past. There’s a lot of good websites and basically pay attention to your body, pay attention to cervical mucous, if you touch your cervix and can stretch the mucous between your fingers good chance you need to use pull out method. I have always had irregular periods and was able to prevent pregnancy. This time around I won’t be as particularly strict with it.

I just use ff and ovia fertility. I can keep up with my cycle day. I get noticeable ewcm when fertile so that helps as well. I know it sounds kinda crazy but I use wondfo opk if I see EWCM so I can see when having LH surge and then when it's over. It gives me good ideal on when to expect AF.

Agree, taking charge of your fertlity is a great read for ttc or family planning.

The book Taking Charge of Your Fertility has a lot of good information about tracking cycles. I read it when I started TTC but it has good info for natural family planning also.

Found this useful, too.

When we we're NFP I used a bbt themometer, the app fertility friend and kept close track of ovulation to avoid DTD during that time. We also used pull out. Like Flueky mentioned, you can also use OPKs to track ovulation

I really recommend reading Taking Charge of Your Fertility by Toni Weschler. It is very informative, interesting and gives you clear information on how to track your cycles.

I also use the app Natural Cycles with a BBT. I have only been using it for 2 months so far but it seems helpful. It gives you a large amount of "red" days initially where should use protection to prevent pregnancy but I suppose it's better to be cautious!

I'm using natural cycles at the moment haven't used it to long do haven't not used condoms yet but my twin sister has been using it for a long time and she isn't pregnant yet. We both get side effects from birth control so both made the switch I just did it later then she did.

I don't take my temp or chart but I do keep track of my cycle in two separate apps - Flo and Glow - and keep track of my cm, cervix position and feel. Plus symptoms throughout the month.

I started tracking my periods and reading the signs about 5 months before we tried getting pregnant with our son in 2016 and we had him Feb 2017. I've been just keeping track of my signs and symptoms since then. We use the pullout method during my fertile period and don't use any protective methods during the rest of the month. We've now successfully gone 18 months without a slip up or scare.

We use this with the pull out method on my fertile days. However I did get pregnant last month but it ended up being a chemical pregnancy. Before I started tracking my temperature, we just used the pull out method for years and never got pregnant unless we were “trying”! I have never been on birth control and my cycles have always been regular so mine are pretty cut and dry! But last month, we dtd 5 days before ovulation, used the pull out until 2 days after O. So one of those days had the “1st place swimmer”! Haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->