Natural Handmade Bath/Body Products

OOhh that kitchen soap sounds nice, I have a similar coffee recipe for kitchen soap too, apparently good for getting smells like onion and garlic off your mitts :thumbup:

And here is my latest creation.....Men's soap!
With bergamot and eucalyptus essential oils and poppy seeds to exfoliate.
Quite happy with how it turned out, smells really fresh and the swirl is quite nice. Within the soap is cocoa butter, sweet almond oil, olive oil, coconut oil, sunflower oil and avacado oil.

Think I will make a nice simple pure baby soap next

Attachments

• DSC_0350.jpg
    DSC_0350.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 3
bath salts...
I'd say just try some dendritic salt which is a finer salt (as it holds fragrance oil/essential oils better) and just just use the fragrance oil/essential oil you like

or if you like more corse salt use dead sea salt

I think I might try this recipe

https://www.soapqueen.com/bath-and-...crubs/baked-dendritic-bath-salts-so-relaxing/

Sorry haven't posted in a while.

I tried making my own soap, and it was an epic fail!

I went online and did my research and I came up with a recipe of some coconut oil, an essential oil (I had wanted rose oil but had to settle for lavender as rose oil is so expensive) and I needed a thickener. I googled some natural gum and it was said to be good.

Anyway, after making it, after a few days, it started smelling as if it was going off.

Anyway, re the soap thing, my aim was to make like a soap-free wash for my children. Any ideas on how? The recipes I have seen without thickeners tend not to lather and I wonder if they are really getting clean lol.

I totally LOVE the pics of the soaps you've made so far, well done x

hmmmm not sure about a soap free wash but let me know if you find anything.

Sorry your soap was a fail but use it as a learning curve :) I made a coconut oil soap from 75% coconut oil and 25% cocoa butter. It is lush now it has cured for 8 weeks and lathers and cleans really nicely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->