Natural Handmade Bath/Body Products

Dolly.

Mummy & pregnant
Reaction score
I haven't come across a thread like this so thought it would be fun to start a group, to share recipes, ideas etc

I LOVE handmade natural bath and body products. I really like knowing whats in the products today and don't like the idea of lathering myself or family in chemicals as I'm sure many other mothers are.

So far I have mainly only bought handmade stuff but I have made some bath melts and bath bombs before and really enjoyed it so think I'm going to start it up as a hobby. I've bought a book with recipes for natural soaps and bath stuff so going to try a few things and will let you know how it goes :flower:

Whats the name of the book hun, I might look it up in my library x

It's called 'the handmade soap book' by melinda cross. A really lovely book, all natural ingredients and a bit of background history of soap making

So not a very successful thread so far but an update from me....I have just ordered some lush ingredients to make a natural coconut cold process soap and some melt and pour shea butter soap to make a sweet cherry soap. I have ordered a wooden soap mould to make loaves which I can slice and can't wait to receive my stuff so I can get going. Another soap I want to try out is baby soap so that will be my next experiment

So not a very successful thread so far but an update from me....I have just ordered some lush ingredients to make a natural coconut cold process soap and some melt and pour shea butter soap to make a sweet cherry soap. I have ordered a wooden soap mould to make loaves which I can slice and can't wait to receive my stuff so I can get going. Another soap I want to try out is baby soap so that will be my next experiment

Sweet cherry soap sound gorgeous!!!!!

I would love to make soaps and bath products but am so busy all the time with the many other crafts I tinker with I can't seem to find the time to add in any more. Plus think my DH would go loopy if I started collecting more supplies for making stuff:haha:

Sweet cherry soap sound gorgeous!!!!!

I would love to make soaps and bath products but am so busy all the time with the many other crafts I tinker with I can't seem to find the time to add in any more. Plus think my DH would go loopy if I started collecting more supplies for making stuff:haha:

Heehee :haha: my reasoning is that I spend a nice amount on buying handmade products so may as well try it myself and try to save some money lol and make lovely gifts for family/friends. I have a summer ahead of me before I start back at uni when I will be snowed under with work so thought I may as well have an enjoyable hobby while I can hehe

It's called 'the handmade soap book' by melinda cross. A really lovely book, all natural ingredients and a bit of background history of soap making

I got this book after having a go at a soap making kit. I haven't actually got around to making anything from the book yet (new baby lol) but I really want to make the honey one in there! Hopefully I will get the ingredients this month and have a go. There are some lovely recipes in there x

I got this book after having a go at a soap making kit. I haven't actually got around to making anything from the book yet (new baby lol) but I really want to make the honey one in there! Hopefully I will get the ingredients this month and have a go. There are some lovely recipes in there x

Hi Jackie :) yeah there are some lovely recipes, can't wait till I'm confident enough to make them all hehe

My ingredients for my cherry soap and my natural coconut soap (from the book) came yesterday. I can't stop smelling it all, especially the cocoa butter, it is lush! Still need to get a few bits before I can make my cherry soap though but hoping I can do it by the end of the week! I'm still undecided whether to wait till I've done my first class in cold process soap making to attempt the coconut one or to try it before so I can get advice on how to improve......

Today I made my melt and pour cherry soap. I mixed two frgarances so that the soap smells like cherry bakewells, yum! The soap has shea butter in it and is free of SLS. I coloured it pink and have cut into slices. It doesn't look very fancy but smells great and it was my first try at any proper soap making and was just to get my feet wet before attepting more complicated stuff. I shall upload a piccy when I can :) I have tested it and it creates a lovely frothy, creamy lather

here are my 1st soaps :happydance:

Attachments

• soap1.jpg
    soap1.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 8
  • soap2.jpg
    soap2.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 2
Congrats on your 1st soap make!!

Cherry bakewell soap sounds divine:thumbup:

It really does smell good enough to eat hehe I think I'm going to wait to make the coconut cold process soap until I've been to a workshop in a few weeks so I can run the recipe past the workshop leader and get some tips. Really don't want to mess it up and waste all the lovely ingredients

Love your thread! I would love to make my own goodies as well! Brumbelberry.com
Shows how to make soaps, lotions, lip balm (my favorite), body scrubs etc. You can order all the
Molds, ingredients, containers etc! Love that website! Can spend hours and hours on it. Let us know if you find
Natural baby products we can make, would love to do it myself!

Is that brambleberry.com? I have watched the owner of that site (soap queen) in her tutorials on how to make stuff on youtube, very good!! I like looking on soaposh.co.uk and thesoapkitchen.co.uk for supplies etc I can get in the UK

I have a recipe for baby soap which I hope to attempt soon :) it is made from vegetable fat, calendula infused sweet almond oil, sunflower oil, coconut oil, white beeswax, spring water, carrot seed oil and lye. Will let you know when I have made it xx

it looks fab. im going to try and make lavenduer soap tomorrow.

which book have you got if you dont mid me asking? x

I think I told someone the name of the book on the 1st page of this thread.

I have my first cold process soap making workshop tomorrow, can't wait!!!!!!

Well I've made two natural soaps now :D
I went to my1st soap workshop on saturday and myself and another lady made a loaf of soap between us, this is being sent in the post to me once it has hardened and been sliced. We made it from sweet almond oil, olive oil, castor oil, coconut oil and palm oil, We scented it with grapefruit essential oil and orange essential oil, we topped the loaf with dried calendula petals, smelt lovely.

I then made a loaf at home by myself yesterday using just coconut oil and cocoa butter. I scented it with coconut creme fragrance and topped the soap with desiccated coconut. Can wait to take it out of the mold tonight and slice it, will upload a pic then!!

Next on my list to make is defiantely baby soap for my son and some body lotion bars for me :)

Here's my 75% coconut oil, 25% cocoa butter 'Coconut Soap'

Attachments

• riat and soap 209.jpg
    riat and soap 209.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 2
  • riat and soap 214.jpg
    riat and soap 214.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 3
Hi there if anyone is still watching???
Got my orange and grapefruit natural soap I made at the workshop last week and it is lush, been using every day. Will upload a pic soon.

Today I have ordered all the ingredients I need to make my cold process soaps for christmas gift baskets for family/friends.

I decided I will be making a mulled wine soap (red and orange/gold shimmer swirl topped with a cinamon stick and a luxurious eastern spa inspired soap using ylang ylang, orchid, jasmine and violet, this will be cream with gold shimmering swirls and a gold heart embed on top. These two will be for the women.
For the men I am making a Bergamot and Eucalyptus soap with blue poppy seeds as an exfoliant. Probably a turqoise and deep blue swirl. And also a cedarwood and pine soap, maybe a red and black swirl with some cinamon broken on top.

I also ordered a few more fragrances to use in other gift ideas but will reveal another time :)

OMG! Sounds soooooooooooo good!

A friend of mine makes a coffee mocha kitchen soap, and she loves it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->