Natural Pregnancy After 0% Morphology

littlered03

Reaction score
I am still in complete and total shock, even after 5 straight days of positive pregnancy tests and two blood draws with great increasing HCG hormones and stable progesterone.

We tried for 17 months. Not super long looking back, but it felt like an eternity, especially the last five months.

After trying for a year with no success at age 24 (both of us), we went to the doctor and found out my DH had 0% morphology. We had to wait two months to see a urologist. Before the urologist, he started taking a ton of vitamins recommended for low morphology and the number went to 1.5%. Still very low. All other numbers were great. My test results were normal.

The urologist found no varicocele, no abnormal hormone levels, nothing wrong. We were basically told that IVF would be our only successful option, but we were not willing to try that first. We wanted to try the most affordable and less invasive options first. Starting with trying naturally with some lifestyle changes, then insemination, and then deciding on IVF or adoption.

I went through all the stages of grief many times before coming to acceptance. We decided on a three-month program of trying things naturally that involved a strict diet, exercise, charting, self-massage, visualization exercises, very low stress levels (meaning sheltering ourselves for a while), counselling, acupuncture, vitamins, and Chinese herbs. We started out slowly for a week and then officially started the program for TWO DAYS before I ovulated and then, little did I know at the time, our baby was conceived.

I had very minimal signs that I was pregnant (spotting which I normally had but it came earlier than normal, vivid pregnancy dreams, my bra felt very tight throughout the day, and very very mild nausea one morning). We tested at 10 DPO. It looked negative, but in a certain light from a certain angle, there was a line. At 11 DPO, the line was three times darker. From 12 DPO through 14 DPO, the line was almost as dark as the test line.

I still didn't fully believe it, so I had two blood tests done which have all came back overwhelmingly positive. So, apparently we beat the odds.

Don't ask me how it happened. I honestly don't know. This is completely a miracle child, although even that word does not seem strong enough. I fully believe in the power of prayer, which I know not everyone does, but it is hard not to when just ONE MONTH before learning we were pregnant, we shared our story publicly and received an overwhelming response of love, support, and prayers. We had done one round of acupuncture and my DH had by that time been on lots of vitamins and Chinese herbs for about 3-4 months, but the diet and the rest of it really couldn't have played a role after just two days of it.

So, is it possible for a couple to get pregnant with very low morphology? Yes, in our case it was. Is it for everyone? I have no idea. We feel so incredibly blessed and completely in shock. We hope our story brings hope but we also know that everyone's path to a family is different, no matter how similar the diagnosis is. If you have a similar diagnosis, feel free to PM for more details about what we did. I would love to pray for you as well!

Attachments

• photo (5).jpg
    photo (5).jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 19
congrats little red! its great to hear of success when people have been given such a grim outlook.. my oh has had his sa come back with 1% morphology and all other readings normal.. then when redone luckily it had gone up to 6% but in the meantime i had spent so much time researching what this meant and wondering if we would ever conceive. its been 10 months so far but at 25 and 23 and in good health and after having a hsg, ultrasound and 21 day and day 3 fsh tests all come back normal its so frustrating to not know why it isnt happening for us. im so happy for you that you have received good news and i just hope with all the faith i have in me that my turn will be just around the bend!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->