Natural remedies for Reflux???

Reedy

Outnumbered x
Reaction score
Thought you guys would be the best people to ask x
I wondered if there are any natural remedies for reflux?? if so have you girls tried them & have they worked for you??

Finley has reflux & we have tried everything but nothing seems to work :nope: we've tried, gaviscon, ranitidine, domperdone (think thats what its called) SMA staydown, & aptimil comfort milk as this was recommended but none have worked for him :-( our HV & DR have suggested weaning early which we are doing but wondered if there was anything else we could try in the meantime???

any advice would be great x thank you x

Hey hun, my LO has reflux and I feel your pain hunny :hugs:
We're currently on Ranitide and Domperidone and have seen in improvement, but the biggest thing we found was me not having dairy (we breastfeed) and Halen not having dairy. He stopped being sick when we did this and although his reflux seems to be getting worse (hence getting the meds last week) when he has dairy its even worse!
Maybe try Soya Formula? I don't know any natural remedies hun sorry!

We have tried soya milk that didnt work either :-(
Thank you for replying though x

i've known amber necklaces to help reflux. not always, but i have seen it work very well with 3 babies so far.
the product "colic calm" has helped some women. it is a natural supplement.
how bad is the reflux?

Its quite bad, being sick quite a bit after every feed and it doesnt ease up at all, all day but he's never sick during the night which i find odd x
I get through about 6-7 bibs/muslin squares a day, and 3-4 vests, tops & now trousers a day :-( it upsets him a lot too crying everytime he's sick :cry:

Where do I get an amber necklace from & are they safe for a 4 month old to wear???

you can get them from here hun https://www.incensed.me.uk/ their safe for a 4mo to wear, Halen has worn once since 10weeks x

you can get them from here hun https://www.incensed.me.uk/ their safe for a 4mo to wear, Halen has worn once since 10weeks x

They all say from 6 months onwards??? is there a certain one you have thats suitable for 4 months??

Thanks for the link btw x

No babe, I have the ones on there, I know it says 6mo+ but most of us on here have used them for before that

the amber necklace is completely safe from about 2 months, actually.
the idea is that the oil in the amber reacts with the heat of the skin and helps to relieve the pain of the throat cause by reflux (or more commonly teething). also helps with fuss and irritability.
perhaps it's the milk based formula? have you tried a soy based formula? or you could make a goat milk based formula here is a great recipe: https://www.westonaprice.org/Recipes-for-Homemade-Baby-Formula.html.
either way i highly recommend the amber necklace.

thank you for all the advice think I will get one of the amber necklaces they sound good x I really hope it works because we are at a loss as what to do now :cry:

Thank you girls, I'll let you all know how we get on x

I don't know how true this is, but sometimes an osteopath can help.

My nephew had terrible relfux, sounds a lot like Finley's actually, sick all the time, projectile most of the time, and was given prescriptions but never really helped. SIL had a very traumatic birth (Nephew being pushed and pulled out as he got stuck, they thought they had dislocated his shoulder, but xrays showed it was just bruised) anyways, SIL took him to an osteo and he was better afterwards. I don't know if it was going to get better anyway, as he was starting to wean, but he did seem a lot better afterwards. Might be worth a try.

Make sure you go to a registered osteo though, and if you can get a personal recommendation of someone in your area, all the better.

I hope something helps, it's not nice for him I'm sure :hugs:

For us, it wasn't until we weaned that we started to notice any improvement in her spitting up. She used to wake choking at night, so we had to start her on rice cereal at night from 2 months onward - but it did the trick! other than this, I couldn't find anything that helped :(

Good luck and keep us posted!

A

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->