Natural teen mom

yes in the states we get a hell of a lot more crap. people tell me dont bother with breastfeeding because im at school and when they find out about cloth they get disgusted.
I've never heard of BLW, could you maybe explain it more?
yeah nevaehs dad really hated what i was doing and he broke up with me over it. we were fughting anyways, nevaeh doesnt need to be around that, im trying to be positive..

That's a shame hun. I don't understand why people would say 'don't bother with x, y, z' because it's too hard or something...Uhh, it's not them doing it, is it? =/ And cloth will save you TONS of money in the long run (so will breastfeeding for that matter) so they're the ones missing out!

Baby led weaning is basically just waiting until your baby starts to show an interest in solids. So you let them have a little bit of food off of your plate if they appear interested in trying it, instead of giving them food straight out. I think...and I'm not explaining this well. Basically it's what you're planning to do, just breastfeed until baby becomes interested in food themselves, instead of starting them on solids when YOU think... =/

there will be tons of advice about blw in the weaning section, i really really reccmend buying the book by gill rapley! its fab :thumbup:

basically at 6 months you let LO feed themselves foods. purees are unecessary because babies should not be weaned before 6 months and 6 month olds can feed themselves. it respects a childs natural development especially if LO is breastfed as BF babies decide when and how much to eat so blw respects encourages them to continue rather than regress them to being fed which can in turn encourage a healthy attitude toward food:)

Yeah BLW sounds interesting, i might give it a go, maybe i can get the ook off ebay lol

And if you made a face at someone using sposies... probably wouldnt be a very pretty reaction

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->