naughty breech baby!

Mellie1988

Mummy Of 2, Number 3 Due
Reaction score
Hey ladies

My little man is being a cheeky monkey and is breech :( well MW thinks so anyway, apparently I have a very tight bump and she struggled to work out what was the head/bottom!

Anyway I'm starting to worry now as I really wanted a natural water birth at birthing centre and I just feel like I'm not going to be able to have the birth I want :(

My MW said it doesn't necessarily mean c section as my hospital will deliver breech babies if its a second or more pregnancy...I just very much doubt they will let me have a water birth though....

I just feel so sad, I know baby has plenty of time to turn still (hell he might not even be breech) and I will do everything I can (on all fours, hanging upside down, hot/cold compresses....might even go swimming) to get him to turn....I just hope and prays he does :( if that's the case. There's a drop in MW clinic on Thursday next to DDs school so I'm going to pop by and get a second opinion.

Been torturing myself by googling breech births, EVC etc :nope: sorry dont really know what anyone can say to this post, just needed to vent and moan

X

Hi there - I know how you feel. I found out DS was breech when I was 40w2d. I didn't want an ecv so had a planned CS. I was so disappointed I wouldn't get the labour and delivery experience I was hoping for. He wasn't breech at the check up I had only a few day before, so we were pretty shocked to learn this!

I felt very cheated. My CS was planned for 2 days after and it didn't take long for me to get over it and look forward to what was meant to be.

Your baby still has time to flip, and even if he/she stays breech, stay positive and and focus on the fact you will have a baby soon - doesn't matter how the LO arrives!

I know that at the end of the day, no matter how a baby arrives into the world, as long as little man is healthy and happy - then so will I be....

However, I love birth and labour so much and it means a lot to me and like you said I think I will feel really cheated if I have to have a c section :(

Come on baby turn turn turn, or be the right way round all along!! Although the more movements I feel since appt yesterday, the more in convinced that he is breech, I thought what I felt down low was punches....now I'm realising they are probably kicks....naughty little pickle!!

X

My little girl has been breech since 25 weeks, went yesterday for a 3d scan and yep, still breech! she's my first so hoping she turns as i'm scared to get a c-section and my doc won't deliver breech. :nope: so looking at ideas on how to get her turned before my due date, i still have alittle while for her to turn but would feel safer knowing she had turned. Good luck! hopefully your little man turns for you!!!!:thumbup:

LOL, those low down kicks feel funny - had them with DS1 and this little guy keeps giving them to me too. I'm a hopeful vbac candidate and would really love to experience labour and vaginal delivery.

When I am playing with DS1, I make an effort to get on my hands and knees and send subliminal thoughts to DS2 to make sure he knows head down is the way out!

34 weeks is still very early. They don't start worrying about upside down babies until 37 weeks so there's still time! My baby turned at 37+2.x

Went to drop in MW appt today and he is head down...probably was all along but MW said my bump is very tight and she had to have a good jiggle around of the baby and bump to see and also confirmed with listening to the heart beat as it was below my belly button so baby must be head down....YAY! Just hope he stays that way now :D

X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->