naughty step

skiwi

wife, mum, and pregnant
Reaction score
hi,

what age would you start using the naughty step? When Abbie does something naughty, and i say no, she either has a tantrum or carries on doing it, i don't want to shout at her...

I dont think they really understand the naughty step untill nearer 3.
Best you can do is say no in a stern voice and distract her attention to something else.

With my step-son we started time out at 3, he would have horriable days at pre-school(hitting kids, saying nasty things to everyone/ His GMA was a teacher so I think thats why) but anyhow by age 3 1/2 it finally clicked..hey Im in trouble dont do it again. When I watch supper nanny they do time out only for the mins that they are old. ie-3 years old =3 mins.

Jack has gone on his "naughty spot" for about 3-4 months now and it really seems to work
I think it depend on the understanding of each child really
go with what you feel is all i can say

I dont use a naughty step as such, but if Charlie is naughty (like the other day she hit me in the face and laughed) The I will pick her up and put her on her chair in the dining room, which is a safe place, and tell her that it was a naughty thing to do, and she is to sit there until she can be a nice girl.
I never leave her very long, ie about a minute, and she often will say sorry when i go to her.
I think its more about calming her down and removing her from the situation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->