Nearly 35 weeks and haven't packed yet!

kaths101

Reaction score
I feel unorganised, maybe it's because it's my second and I have everything in the loft but I have nothing ready, haven't sorted / washed baby clothes... Haven't even packed my hospital bag!
Anyone else???

I'm 35 weeks, haven't packed my hospital bag yet, or actually bought much for it.

We are currently gutting the nursery so we can replaster the walls before we decorate, the spare room has been decorated but needs a new carpet, as does the landing/stairs. All 3 aren't carpeted at the moment. I have everything we've bought for baby currently taking up loads of space in my room, which is thankfully decorated and has carpet down and everything!

It's ok though, whenever I bring this up with the o/h he reminds me we have at least 5 weeks till baby comes and everything will be done by then - apparently

I just got things together for hospital bags yesterday. It's in a pile right now, will be putting into bag now.

I definitely think I'm way more laid back with this second time!

I never packed a hospital bag with DS2, pretty much for the same reason as you explained (more laid back) Even though i was planning a HB, i was supposed to have a bag packed just in case of transfer...opps :blush:

Haven't packed my bag yet, still need to install the car seat, and clean and prepare the bassinet. Lol maybe ill get it done this week...

I pulled a bag out last night...but still haven't packed! At my appt yesterday my doc said I'm 2 cm and 70% effaced. Maybe I should go start packing....

Phew, I can see me going into labour and grabbing and throwing things into a carrier bag at this rate :haha:
I haven't even got a baby outfit sorted for the hospital yet, no nappies.. nothing!

Smudge, tell your oh you are only 2 weeks away from full term and baby can come anytime!
I know quite a few girls lately had 36/37 weekers :wacko:

I probably won't pack until 38 weeks or so. I have a list handy, and can throw everything together in less than 15 mins if I go into labor before that

I'll be 37 weeks on Saturday and I don't have anything ready either. I do have a list for my hospital bag though. If I never put it together my husband can just grab everything on the list and we'll be set.

I have a list...that's as far as I got. Went to wash baby clothes and my washer died! So now hoping we can get the needed parts and fix it tomorrow so I don't have to go to a laundromat. I need to start putting stuff together. I procrastinated with my second, this is even worse! And I had both kids at 39 wks, so I should be prepared.

I bought a few toiletries for my hospital bag the other day, but nothing is packed and there are quite a few bits I still need to get. I was hoping to have it done at 37 weeks so I've still got a couple of weeks in my mind. I don;t even know what bag I'm going to use yet!

Smudge, tell your oh you are only 2 weeks away from full term and baby can come anytime!
I know quite a few girls lately had 36/37 weekers :wacko:

Yeah I've tried this - I'm hoping he cracks on this weekend and gets quite a bit done!

I think he has 10th July in his head and doesn't think Baby could come earlier than that!

I'm in the same boat...
But I'm 38 weeks!:dohh:
I've been trying to get so much done:wacko:
I mentioned my hospital bag to OH last week and his response.. 'Oh, we can do that in a week or two'
WHAT THE F.. Like I want to be rushing around in labour getting my hospital bag packed... men:shrug:

I'm 36 weeks and have babies stuff packed but haven't even remotely started my own one!!

My OH keeps bugging me to pack my bag. I'm 38+3 and just started last night. If I pack my bag then it's real that I'm going to have a baby. Which I'm excited about... It just also makes me very very nervous.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->