Neck support for a car seat

jenstar

Reaction score
People who have moved their babies to a group 1 car seat at 9 months or before... what did you do about their necks flopping when they fall asleep? I have seen neck support cushions in the Babies r us catalogue and I'm wondering what you think of them, can recommend a specific one or have any other advice.

My baby is really big for his age so he does have to move up a seat, his head is over the top of the infant seat so keeping him in it isn't an option.

tbh hun, they dont fall asleep unless on long journeys, i have never used one but i have been looking at them and can see the attraction,
tj was in a sitting up carseat at 8 months instead of 9 because she could sit up unattended very well.
i dont drive, so she doesnt go into it very often, i brought an argos one, it is very pink!!!
and i havent seen a pink neck support anywhere, even in mothercare anywayyyyy>>>
i should think theyre another thing that is a waste of money and something that'll get used once and baby will pull it off anyway i should imagine x x x x x

Try using rolled up receiving blankets on either side. Aftermarket carseat products aren't tested for safety and therefore aren't safe to use. So things like strap covers, or a head support that doesn't come with the carseat aren't a good option because they interfere with the way the straps are on the carseat and also the amount of padding under them. Carseats have actuallybeen recalled because of the padding being just 1/4in too thick so it actually does make a difference...so I would try the blankets, plus you probably have them so it wouldn't cost anymore to use those :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->