Need a Cloth Wipes Solution

mommy2be412

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I will be cloth diapering and I figured I might as well do cloth wipes too, does anyone have a simple cloth wipes solution for sensitive skin someone can make at home? I have sensitive skin and I'm assuming baby will as well. I've heard some people just use water, is that ok? I would think I'd need to use some type of wash or poopy germs will still be on their bottom. What do you think?

My daughter is almost 14 months and we've always just used water. She has an extremely sensitive bum and we have found it best to just avoid anything else. If you're thorough you shouldn't have to worry about "poopy germs" (that sounds hilarious by the way), and presumably you'll be bathing them somewhat frequently anyway!

I would stick with just water for the first few weeks regardless. :) If you want to do a homemade wipe solution at some point, a quick Google should get you lots of results. Pretty much any homemade solution is likely to be relatively sensitive.

I've made a solution but haven't used it yet as little one hasn't arrived yet. It was recommended by the store where I bought the diapers and they said it is good for sensitive skin. It also smells amazing.

Simply boil 3 cups of water. Take off burner and add in 1 tablespoon of natural baby shampoo, 8 drops of lavender oil, and 4 drops of tea tree oil. Mix together and let cool. After completely cooled I poured into 2 squirt bottles (1 for the nursery and one for the diaper bag).

I am completely and totally obsessed with Kissaluvs "Diaper Lotion Potion". Smells amazing and super easy :)

https://www.kissaluvs.com/diaper-lotion-potion.php

I use water but if they have a sore bum I use camomile tea with a little almond oil, clears it up so quickly

I should of also stated I will be breastfeeding and I believe those poops are messier. I would like to use just water, do you think that would be ok for breastfeeding poops too?

I always found BF poop to come off easier than formula poop. :D

I agree with the above. I worked on the neonatal unit and have changed every kind of nappy. Breastfed poos are easiest to clean (and, bonus, smell a million times better, which is an odd thing to say!).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->