need a little help!

elainegee

Reaction score
I have done all this before with my daughter, but for the life of me my head has gone blank about her milk intake while beginning her food:growlmad:.

My wee boy has just started the weaning process. I had given him rice only for a week and now i am onto a rusk or porridge ( he only has a few spoonfuls ) in the morning and at tea time pureed dinner and again a varied dessert (normally from a jar) again he is just taking 5-6 spoonfuls of each if that, which i know is probably acceptable at this early stage.

My question is, he is draining his bottles out with his food (ie his lunchtime one and the two he has between 6-11) but after his morning one he will only take maybe 2-3oz and with his tea time dinner again the same. My mum said this is normal and i am sure she is right. Can someone let me know how much your child takes milk wise at this early stage.

At the moment in 24 hours Zander is taking between 25-30oz ( a total of 5 bottles in 24 hours) does this sound OK to you guys? i have the health visitor tomorrow for his final jags but don't want to go and sound totally daft with the whole weaning thing. thanks for any help given! x

25-30oz sounds ok for a 4 month old - but what you don't want before 6 months is to have solid foods replacing milk. So if he has cut down on milk since starting solids, I would say cut down on the food. They need the calories from milk.

i had to ween him early because i could never hold off to 6 months, i had spoke to HV and she had said as long as i held off till 17 weeks which i did. it was hard enough holding off to this! I just couldn't remember how much milk my wee girl took, she started weening just around 4 1/2 months. Zander is on the milk for hungrier babies while Aria was just one SMA gold. I spoke to Hv today and she seemed to be happy with what was happening, is gaining weight fine, today he was 17lb 15oz lol xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->