Need advice ASAP...germs around prem babies

ButtonJessie

TTC #2 :)
Reaction score
Hi

We are supposed to be spending Christmas at my mum and dads tomorrow. Unfortunately, my unclue (who is also there) think he "might have a bit of a sore throat coming on". He took a lemsip last night and is going to see how he feels in the morning.

Can we still go? We have NO food in here, as we were not prepared to be staying in. My uncle will stay away from the baby if we tell him to. As long as we keep hand hygiene high, is it safe? She will mostly be snoozing upstairs away from everybody anyway.

What do you guys think?

I think it depends on what you are comfortable with. I personally wouldn't do it if Lakai was the age your baby is, and point in fact I still do not allow him around sick people and he is almost two corrected. I am just not comfortable with purposefully exposing him germs if I can help it. It's not even so much because he is a micro preemie being born at 23.4 weeks, as I just don't want him to get sick really.

I think if you really need too go, be very careful. Even hand washing won't be enough with a sick person close by. The air and surfaces are enough of a risk, hand washing alone around a sick person won't do that much. Coughing, sneezing...nose blowing...all are pretty sure ways to pass germs through the air. Even if it wasn't right in baby's face.

That all being said, don't be a hermit. But I personally would avoid sickies for the first little while.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->