(Need Advice)Can someone out there please read my story! Please!

Mytimeisnow

Reaction score
Hey everyone! I am new to babyandbumb and this is my first post. My fiancé and I have been TTC for over a year now with no luck. I only get my periods 2-3 times a year which drives me insane! My doctor did an internal ultrasound and everything looked as it should, but when they ran a blood test that revealed that my hormones are out-of-wack :wacko: My doctor tells me that my LH(Luteinizing hormone) level is higher than it should be and that could be what is contributing to the absences of my period. They wanted to put me on birth control to regulate my hormones but I promised myself I wouldn't go down that road again because I dislike the side effects. I'm trying a more natural approach with herbs because I have read many success stories about them. One in particular is Vitex (chaste tree). I've heard that it brings absent periods that are due to hormonal imbalance back and helps to balance out hormones which is my main issue. I am currently taking two 400mg of Vitex (though my bottle says to take 4 a day I only take 2), 50mg of B6, Prenatal vitamins and and one cup of a womens tonic tea that has 200mg of Dong quai (which is another herb used for fertility and hormonal balance. Has anyone out there ever had an experience similar to mines? Or has had their fair share of herbs and has it worked for you? (P.S. Sorry for the story I wrote)

ive no advise/experinces but wish u luck

im sure someone will have some advise x

Thank you honey08.. I just really need advice on what to do. I'm so lost right now and I feel like it'll ne'er be my turn. But thank you, I will try my best to keep hope alive.

hi i have never tryed the herbs but whis you luck and im sure some one will be able to help you xx

there is something ur doc can give u to start ur periods , then after ovulation if uv a neg preg test at 14dpo u take provera i think its called to start ur period again x

Didnt want to read and run. I have no experience with this, but I do hope that you find the answers you are looking for :) And welcome to B&B!

Hi Hun,

I have no direct experience, I am taking soy isoflavones though to help me put forward my ovulation. There is a thread here on bb on herbal medicine... not sure whether it's on TTC or TTC discussion but I am sure you'll be able to find it. There are many ladies that will be able to give you good advise even on acupuncture if you'd consider doing it.

good luck

Thank you ladies for the kind words :) I tried Provera in the past and they would only put me on birth control after my period comes and I wasnt having that.

I have good news though, after 5 months of not having a period, my period came yesterday! Its very light but something is better than nothing. I know most TTC women hate when AF arrives but for someone as irregular as I am, I am so very thankful! I guess the Vitex is working :)

this is excellent news!!!

maybe now it's the moment to start with herbal remedies. I got my period in march after 3 months (probably due to stress though), I started taking soy and charting to establish whether I ovulate and when and it seems like it is working... many remedies are taken in the beginning of the period so make sure you don't loose this window of opportunity.

good luck!!!

I'm so glad AF came! I agree that you should not go on birth control. BCP messed my cycles up soooo bad! It took months to get my periods back to normal.

I am very pro all-natural, and I think that's the best thing you could do. Have you tried going to a holistic doctor? I hear they are wonderful and might give you some good tips.

this is excellent news!!!

maybe now it's the moment to start with herbal remedies. I got my period in march after 3 months (probably due to stress though), I started taking soy and charting to establish whether I ovulate and when and it seems like it is working... many remedies are taken in the beginning of the period so make sure you don't loose this window of opportunity.

good luck!!!

Your so very right Want2bMum! This is my first time trying herbal remedies and I am very pleased yet shocked that it has actually worked. How has the soy been working for you? and do you have any suggestions on what other remedies I should take since AF finally showed her face? :flower:

Thanks Love :)

I'm so glad AF came! I agree that you should not go on birth control. BCP messed my cycles up soooo bad! It took months to get my periods back to normal.

I am very pro all-natural, and I think that's the best thing you could do. Have you tried going to a holistic doctor? I hear they are wonderful and might give you some good tips.

Hey! BCP also messed up my cycle. I have been off BCP's for over 2 years and it still has not regulated itself, like I said only 2-3 periods a year if im lucky! im so thankful for stumbling upon these herbal remedies because natural is def the way to go! I have heard the same about holistic doctors and if my way fails and I will consider it! Thanks so much! :flower:

Hi Hun,

I took soy iso day4 to day 8 last cycle and it helped me with my cm and putting forward my ovulation. I O on that 19 which is a success for me. I also took blood tests while on soy and I have to say that for the first time all hormones values were perfect, actually progesterone was amazingly high and prolactine low, I usually have high levels of prolactine and FH. So definitely a success for me, although my last blood tests were 1 year ago, so strictly speaking I cannot be 100% sure that soy did all the work.
This cycle I am taking soy day 3 to day 7 in an attempt to ovulate even earlier, but it is still too early to tell.
I didn't use anything else, but reading bb I realised that there are many ladies that do acupuncture and other herbs. If I were you, because your AF didn't show up for quite a while, I would take this chance to go to a naturopatist or to a chinese herbal medicine, I will definitely go for my next cycles if I dont get a BFP.
Not long ago I watched a documentary on tv about multiple births in china. Basically because women from a poorer background are only allowed to have 1 child, they take chinese herbal remedies to have more than a child at the same time so that the government cannot fine them. Maybe taking chinese herbal remedies will not result in multiple pregnancy for us but if it'd only give us 1 beautiful lil one, it's be worth it!!

I live in the UK so I cannot advise on a good chinese medicine centre where you are, but I am sure there are many in philly.

Good luck and let us know!!!

x

Hi Hun,

I took soy iso day4 to day 8 last cycle and it helped me with my cm and putting forward my ovulation. I O on that 19 which is a success for me. I also took blood tests while on soy and I have to say that for the first time all hormones values were perfect, actually progesterone was amazingly high and prolactine low, I usually have high levels of prolactine and FH. So definitely a success for me, although my last blood tests were 1 year ago, so strictly speaking I cannot be 100% sure that soy did all the work.
This cycle I am taking soy day 3 to day 7 in an attempt to ovulate even earlier, but it is still too early to tell.
I didn't use anything else, but reading bb I realised that there are many ladies that do acupuncture and other herbs. If I were you, because your AF didn't show up for quite a while, I would take this chance to go to a naturopatist or to a chinese herbal medicine, I will definitely go for my next cycles if I dont get a BFP.
Not long ago I watched a documentary on tv about multiple births in china. Basically because women from a poorer background are only allowed to have 1 child, they take chinese herbal remedies to have more than a child at the same time so that the government cannot fine them. Maybe taking chinese herbal remedies will not result in multiple pregnancy for us but if it'd only give us 1 beautiful lil one, it's be worth it!!

I live in the UK so I cannot advise on a good chinese medicine centre where you are, but I am sure there are many in philly.

Good luck and let us know!!!

x

That soy sounds like its working great for you! Im happy to hear that! Before I started taking Vitex, I was debating between Vitex and Soy iso because I know for a fact that you cant take them together because they counteract one another. If I don't get my BFP on Vitex I will try the soy. That is very interesting about the chinese herbal remedies, what joy it woould be to have multiples! :) I will be happy to just be blessed with one healthy baby! The womans Tonic tea that I drink contains 200mg of Dong Quai which is and ancient chinese herb for fertility so I'm already experimenting in that area :) And I am keeping the naturopatist in mind, I wanted to try it my way first!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->