• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Need advice please - maybe BB/bottle confusion?

Bubsta

Love my Girl & baby Boy!
Reaction score
I'm needing some help. I've had heaps of problems along my BF journey and need some advice on what to do next. I'll try to keep it short. Basically after issues latching on in the first couple of days after birth, I ended up with an infection with one nipple which lasted 5-6weeks. DS was always a little fussy with that side. I was EBM and BB feeding. Then I had supply issues so I used Domperidone to increase supply. DS wasn't sleeping well during the night so we FF at night time (which has dramatically improved his sleeping). I've been really trying to get rid of bottles during the day but DS is driving me crazy with constantly pulling off my BB. I perceive it as he just wants the bottle as its easier and quicker for him. I gave up today after 45mins of him constantly pulling off and gave him a bottle. I thought I better double check that it wasn't that there wasn't enough there and expressed 3oz of just one side.

What can I do to get him to take the boob and not constantly pull off? I really want to be able to enjoy this time with my son, but with all these feeding issues and a 20min cat napper during the day, it isn't making it as enjoyable as it could be. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->