Need advice regarding CSA

Aidan's Mummy

Mummy to Aidan and Oliver
Reaction score
My ex partner pays for my eldest son through CSA. In the beginning he refused to pay so they got a deductions of earnings order. His boss has to deduct it from his wages and pass it onto through CSA who pass it onto me. Fool proof right? Wrong! For the past 6 months his boss had been late paying every single time. Im due novembers money and now Decembers. The CSA have had to chase him every single time and demand payment. They rang him on the 23rd of December and he said he would pay. Still no payment. I am sick to death of waiting for the money my son is owed for his up keep. My ex partner has suggested we do it through a private agreement but we wouldn't be going through the CSA in the first place if he could be trusted to do that. We were meant to go halfs on Aidan's party this year but surprise surprise I paid it all and no sign of any money towards it or even a present for him. so he isn't exactly proving trust worthy to set up a private payment agreement. Where do I stand legally? Is there anything the CSA can do to enforce this ? Please help I am at the end of my tether. I work and provide for our son but his dad is responsible too! x

The csa have legal powers to enforce payments as you have a deduction of earnings order.

It is illegal for employers to not enforce this when doing wages.

The csa give the employers a set amount of days for the payments to be paid, if they are outside of the time frame, the csa need to be writing to the employers with a warning letter. If this isn't complied with, they can fine the employers.

Do not go through a private agreement. It sounds he wouldn't be the kind to keep paying. The csa, as flakey as they can be at least have powers.

Sorry your going through this. Get on to the csa! If the csa don't help you, raise a complaint explaining the hardship it's causing.

Thank you hun. I am going to ring and see what they have to say today x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->