Need advice!

NewmumET

Reaction score
Hi, my baby is 5 month old and has big bumps on her gums where her canines are, they look like teeth coming through and she has been showing the normal symptoms for teething however, I thought bottom teeth came first? Which is making me worried as it could be something else and not teeth! I've attached photos, couldn't get the best as she wouldn't let me take them for long and kept squirming! Any advice is welcome!!

20201113_095321.jpg 20201113_095320.jpg

Hi, I tried to look and see if I had a photo but I don’t. My little boy had that too, I was so sure his fangs were going to come through first - I googled it and it does happen with some babies. Anyway, they didn’t. He got his bottom two first and then his top two, then another 2 at the bottom and the next 2 at the top. I’ve got no idea what those bumps were but it wasn’t his fangs and his teeth have come in perfect!

They're called Epstein pearls. My second baby had one on his gums and I thought it was a tooth at first but it wasn't. It is quite harmless and goes away in time :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->