Need Advice

posh1738

Reaction score
Hello Ladies i am new to this website. It is a pleasure to be on here with such wonderful like minded women. I appreciate you all and it is a pleasure meeting you and being apart of this group. The advice I need is about me TTC naturally with out fertility treatment. Let me tell you a little about me I am 36 with 4 living children one of my children died. Which give me a total of five healthy births. My DH is 46 and we are trying to conceive we just really started trying. the advice I need is I do not know if I am ovulating like I should. I was thinking about trying birth control pills for 2 weeks and then stopping to see if that will help me. My periods or some times 26 or 28 day cycles. Can any one advise me on what I should do because I really don't know. The last time I gave birth was 8 years ago I was 28 years old. Last year I had a vaginal ultrasound and I also did blood work to check my FSH and LH level and honestly I did not understand the results. Any advice I would appreciate any if you have question I will answer. I wish baby dust to everyone trying to conceive, I apologize for the long post.

Hi, firstly I would go back to the doctor who gave you the results and ask them to explain to you in non medical terminology if the results were normal or not so you know what you are dealing with - you could also post the numbers on here and there may well be some ladies who have had the tests who can advise as well.

26-28 days sounds fine for a cycle, generally the follicular phase (first part of the cycle from day 1 of period to ovulation) can vary by a few days and the second part luteal phase (from ovulation to next menstrual period) remains the same. The general advice I've been given is that a reasonably regular cycle is a good indication of ovulation.

Good luck.

Hi, firstly I would go back to the doctor who gave you the results and ask them to explain to you in non medical terminology if the results were normal or not so you know what you are dealing with - you could also post the numbers on here and there may well be some ladies who have had the tests who can advise as well.

26-28 days sounds fine for a cycle, generally the follicular phase (first part of the cycle from day 1 of period to ovulation) can vary by a few days and the second part luteal phase (from ovulation to next menstrual period) remains the same. The general advice I've been given is that a reasonably regular cycle is a good indication of ovulation.

Good luck.
I want to thank you very much for your reply I truly appreciate it. I will do that I will put the results up.

Posh, your cycles really sound very good. Why are you concerned about them? As long as your leutal phase stays pretty regular, I would say you're in fine shape!

Hello Ladies i am new to this website. It is a pleasure to be on here with such wonderful like minded women. I appreciate you all and it is a pleasure meeting you and being apart of this group. The advice I need is about me TTC naturally with out fertility treatment. Let me tell you a little about me I am 36 with 4 living children one of my children died. Which give me a total of five healthy births. My DH is 46 and we are trying to conceive we just really started trying. the advice I need is I do not know if I am ovulating like I should. I was thinking about trying birth control pills for 2 weeks and then stopping to see if that will help me. My periods or some times 26 or 28 day cycles. Can any one advise me on what I should do because I really don't know. The last time I gave birth was 8 years ago I was 28 years old. Last year I had a vaginal ultrasound and I also did blood work to check my FSH and LH level and honestly I did not understand the results. Any advice I would appreciate any if you have question I will answer. I wish baby dust to everyone trying to conceive, I apologize for the long post.

Hi posh (love the name) and welcome to our cyber world of TTC. I'm so so sorry for your loss of a child :hugs::hugs: A couple of ladies on here a doctors one being Junebug and she might be able to help you out with the FSH and LH levels? I agree with the other ladies your cycle is very regular so nothing to worry about there. If you are still worried what other ladies have suggested to me is chart your temps and then you know if you've ovulated or not. I've just started doing mine for the first time. Good luck :hugs:

Hi and welcome!
The best way to see if you are ovulating is to take your basal body temperature each morning. Fertility friend is a good website that lets you track your temperatures for free and it will suggest when it thinks you have ovulated based on your data. You can also use ovulation predictor kits (OPK) but temperatures are the best confirmation (while the OPKs are best to know you are about to ovulate)

If you aren't ovulating the best thing is probably to see your doctor right away for tests and investigation, although it is not unusual to have the occasional anovulatory cycle. I seriously doubt birth control pills will help anything.

Personally I ovulate every month but have different length cycles - 26-29. The second half is usually constant and the ovulation date varies. I love charting because now I can predict when my period will come!

Thank you all for taking the time to respond to my message. I truly appreciate you all for that. The one thing I did not say in my message and I thought I did was. I never have the symptoms that I have ovulated. Like the slime that look like egg white or anything else. My period does seem to be timely but my ovulation is off. I did see the doctor last year and she told me about using birth control. I decided against it because I thought I was not ovualting due to stress. Well a year has passed and my body is still doing the same thing. I am not stressed about anything now just a little concerned. i will be making another doctors appointment to be retested and to talk to the doctor again. Again thank you all for your advice and the support.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->