need advice

Louise

Proud mum to baby Nick
Reaction score
Hi girls. I need some advice.
I saw midwife today and she told me that baby's head was in my pelvis- now is this a good thing or not because I really dont know?
Not only that but my BP is fluctuating alot. Its going up and down like a yoyo, but MW claims its partly due to anxiety.
My last appointment, my BP was 120/80, then 117/70, 145/88 but today it was 100/50. Its kinda scared me as I dont know whats normal and whats not during this stage of pregnancy. Can my BP affect my babies HB, as they say a childs should be double what yours is.?

Hey hun,

I got told that its the bottom number they worry about more in pregnancy, as long as it doesn't go over 90 or definately 100 then they don't worry TOO much.

Its good baby's head is in the pelvis, it means its moving into the right direction.

I dont supose you know whats considered to be low BP?
I know mine has been kinda high all the way through the pregnancy, hense 145/88 being a bit high, but it just seems to have dropped quite a bit. 100/50, is that normal or a bit on the low side? - thanks for the response.

I have no idea but didnt want to read and run :hugs:

i had high bp with last pgncy, but no clue as to low.

chin up hun x

Your fine its when it stays steady at like 130/90

Head is in pelvis but can still wriggle out as it not "engaged"

Chill hun and enjoy last weeks

xxx

Hiya Louise

Its totally normal for your babies head to be in your pelvis at your gestation - It doesn't mean that you will go into labour any time soon. Generally first babies get into position early on. With subsequent babies they tend to get into position much nearer the birth - Some won't actually engage until the labour itself.

As far as your BP is concerned, 120/80 or lower is desireable, but in pregnancy they compare your BP to what is normal for you pre-pregnancy. High blood pressure in pregnancy is usually defined as 140/90 or greater, or a rise of 30mm of mercury in the systolic (top number) and/or a rise of 15mm of mercury in the diastolic (bottom number). Your MW would tell you if she was concerned. High blood pressure can be a concern, but like your MW said, yours could be down to anxiety. My BP is usually around what yours is at its lowest, but thats normal for me. Whats normal for you could be quite different. Generally low Blood pressure will normalise after you have replaced any fluids.

Hope this reassures you not worries you more!

Ohhh rachie call me thick but i just notied your ticker!!

Yay at u having one of each lol!!

xxx

Thank you for the reponses girls.
I feel alot better about the whole thing since reading your replies.
And wow rach, you certainly know your stuff, dont you? x

Just try to relax with your appt's. We tend to get anxious, causing bp to fluctuate a bit. I had toxemia/pre-eclampsia with my daughter and that causes stroke level blood pressure. I delivered by emergency c-section at 32 weeks. My b/p when they knocked me out was 190/170! Dr. said I got there just in time. I think yours are fairly normal though.

Just try to relax with your appt's. We tend to get anxious, causing bp to fluctuate a bit. I had toxemia/pre-eclampsia with my daughter and that causes stroke level blood pressure. I delivered by emergency c-section at 32 weeks. My b/p when they knocked me out was 190/170! Dr. said I got there just in time. I think yours are fairly normal though.
wow, 32 weeks.
How was the baby? You must have been terrified.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->