Need advice...

~KACI~

Reaction score
Basically for the last 2 weeks or so Kieran has had a change in bowel movements...so to speak. I now get 3 to 4 dirty nappys a day and they are giving him nappy rash, so bad that he screams the place down everytime i change his nappy and also tells me to 'get off'!! I've been putting bepantham and its working but as soon as it goes it comes back again,

I need advice not for the nappy rash but what could be causing the change and if its worth a visit to the doctor..or could it be nothing?? Do they get teeth again at this age that could be causing it.

I'm stumped but don't want to take him to the docs and look stupid just because he's pooing more!!

Oh and they smell vile!!!!!

x

Could this maybe be eczema ? I used to have that on my bum all the time when i was a baby , my mother took me in to the pedi to get some cortisone cream and it helped allot, maybe look into that and speak to your GP about it ,

A change in diet can also effect it allot , my problem foods were anything citrus , milk related and salt ..

Yea we considered diet...i can't think of any think thats changed...Kieran not got a great diet...he's slowly trying new things, i can't think of anything off the top of head that could cause it??

I don't know very puzzled, thanks i will have a think x

It defintely could be teeth, try the teething powders as they correct the stomach upsets that are associated with teething.

Or could it be thrush? If the creams aren't keeping it away it could be thrush, trip to the dr's maybe?

Or could it be a little tummy bug that is taking its time to get out of his system, if it was this theres a great thing you can get from your chemist. Its called Kaolin paediatric and it works wonders and quickly. Its costs about £1 :D

:hugs:

Thankyou!! Was hoping you'd reply...you're like the expert with your brood!!

Willtry your last suggestion becase looking back when he was sick 2weeks ago we thought it was his dummy making him ill but thats about when it started...also could be teething as he has a rash around his mouth but he's not drooling?

Will nip to chemist after paige's injections, also need to get vasaline for his bum! x

I dont think any doctor would really think you were stupid and if they do, change doctor.

If is been persistant and really upsetting him for 2 weeks, I think its well worth just seeing if the doctor can recommend something, because ultimately, even if you have to feel a bit silly, whatever fixes the problem and makes your son more happy and comfortable is worth it.

Goodluck!

spoke to HV and nurse and they said try the things that mamafy suggested and see if they work. So i gave him the Kaolin and he wasn't impressed...will try the teething powder later x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
babygiftcoll
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->