Need Basic Info So I Get it Right This Time!

miss michelle

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm currently 5DPO. But I think my chances of being PG are slim due to not being sure when I OV'd. Here's my question. I got a + happy face two days in a row on the CB digital OPK. The first day (initial LH surge), the test line was faint, the second day of +OPK it was darker. My temps surged by the third day but no + OPK, which I guess meant O already happened? So which of these days was I most fertile?

Thanks! I just want to make sure I get it right if I do this again next cycle.

When you get your surge or see opk positive/smiley face. You will ovulate in the next 12-36 hrs.

Get some :sex: in, good luck:flower:

Thanks! The thing is I'm wondering is, when was my surge? The first day I got my smiley with the faint test line or the second day of my smiley with the darker test line?

What may be helpful is the sperm meet egg plan https://www.pregnancyloss.info/sperm_meets_egg_plan.htm. I've decided to give it a try this month to make sure I don't miss any good days. I hope you got lucky this time and won't need the info. :af:

From the website:
On day 8 of your cycle, counting from the first day you bled, begin "trying" every other night. Begin taking Ovulation Predictor Kits (or continue with your Ovulation computer) on Day 10. Buy two five-packs so as not to scrimp on taking them and stop too early. To make sure your OPK is working well, take your test in the afternoon or after work and do not drink any liquids or go to the bathroom for at least four hours prior to testing. (Morning is not a good time for OPKs, which look for the LH surge, which usually happens during the day.) Read your OPK instructions carefully, as usually a faint line does not indicate a positive, you need a line that is darker than the test line. LH is produced throughout your cycle and will only predict ovulation when it has a big surge.

When your OPK turns positive, begin trying every night for three consecutive nights, skip the fourth night, and then once more. Then stop! The waiting begins.

Hey Miss Michelle. Sounds to me like you caught your LH surge on the way up and the way down. The 2 days before O actually occurs are your most fertile days, but remember the sperm can live for approx 3 - 5 days (sometimes 7 in optimum conditions). Good luck :flower:

Yes, I'm so hoping we did the 'sperm meets the egg plan' by default. I wasn't expecting to get happy faces two days in a row from OPK, but maybe that just means I'm extra fertile! We BD kinda late on the night of the first surge and kept spermies inside until next morn with softcup, so that can only be a good thing.

But even after you surge, isn't it another 24-48 hrs before the egg is released? Currently 6DPO and super excited!

I would get two days of + opks and the temp surge on the 3rd day. We only DTD once the first day of the + opks and that was all we needed to get pregnant. Obviously more sex the better, but if you had to only do it once a month like us, the first day with a + opk is best.

What may be helpful is the sperm meet egg plan https://www.pregnancyloss.info/sperm_meets_egg_plan.htm. I've decided to give it a try this month to make sure I don't miss any good days. I hope you got lucky this time and won't need the info. :af:

From the website:
On day 8 of your cycle, counting from the first day you bled, begin "trying" every other night. Begin taking Ovulation Predictor Kits (or continue with your Ovulation computer) on Day 10. Buy two five-packs so as not to scrimp on taking them and stop too early. To make sure your OPK is working well, take your test in the afternoon or after work and do not drink any liquids or go to the bathroom for at least four hours prior to testing. (Morning is not a good time for OPKs, which look for the LH surge, which usually happens during the day.) Read your OPK instructions carefully, as usually a faint line does not indicate a positive, you need a line that is darker than the test line. LH is produced throughout your cycle and will only predict ovulation when it has a big surge.

When your OPK turns positive, begin trying every night for three consecutive nights, skip the fourth night, and then once more. Then stop! The waiting begins.

I second the Sperm meets Egg plan! I am now just shy of 6 weeks pregnant and I swear it's because of this plan. (First time I tried the plan, too! I am 38 years old, and was on the pill for 17 years. Came off in April.) For the 2 months prior, we only babydanced for a few nights when I saw the positive ovulation test. In July I used the Sperm meets Egg plan and got my :bfp::happydance::baby::thumbup:.

Good luck!!! :hugs:

Apparently, and contrary to popular belief, I have read that you are actually most fertile a couple of days before you ovulate! :saywhat: Who knew? LOL

I second the Sperm meets Egg plan! I am now just shy of 6 weeks pregnant and I swear it's because of this plan. (First time I tried the plan, too! I am 38 years old, and was on the pill for 17 years. Came off in April.) For the 2 months prior, we only babydanced for a few nights when I saw the positive ovulation test. In July I used the Sperm meets Egg plan and got my :bfp::happydance::baby::thumbup:.
Apparently, and contrary to popular belief, I have read that you are actually most fertile a couple of days before you ovulate! :saywhat: Who knew? LOL

Congratulations on your BFP Animalcracker:yipee:. We are just starting our first month using the plan, it was nice to read about your success using it.

Congratulations on your BFP Animalcracker:yipee:. We are just starting our first month using the plan, it was nice to read about your success using it.

Thank you and best of luck to you!!:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->