Need Boy name ideas - Really stuck ^_^

AerisandAlex

Mommy to 3!!
Reaction score
During our last pregnancy that ended in MMC last year we already picked out a boy name as Cole Robert... but honestly I was always iffy with that name... at the time my father was still living, so using Robert as a middle name felt awkward... and I only stuck with Cole because I couldn't think of much else...

Now that we're pregnant again I've pretty much decided that Cole is a name I do not want to go with... but Robert for a middle name is now a definate as my father passed away in August and when we mentioned Cole Robert the last pregnancy, he said he liked it, even if I didn't, he liked the idea of his name being carried down....

My grandfather's first name (his father) is also Robert so I'm chosing this for both of them.

But yes, the first name is slowly getting pushed off the list..

But I'm so picky on names and having such a tough time trying to find the 'right' name...

So far I'm more leaning towards Logan..

I like strong unique names for boys, I named my first son Alexander for Alexander the Great, I couldn't think of a stronger sounding name that I loved more :)

My dilemma with boy names though is, besides my son, DH has two other sons with his previous wife... so I have to avoid at all costs using names that are similar to theirs..

So Michael, Anthony, Ethan and James are completely off the list...
I also have a lot of friends who have sons, and I'd like to avoid names similar to their sons. So that means Wesley, Jacob, Jake, Jace, Dustin, Eugene, Nathan are off... then I have my brothers Joshua and Daniel, they're still too young for me to be dedicating anything to them, that'll be my children's decision I feel... and I have my cousins Tyler and Mark and Conner...

And I'm pretty picky with old names... like names like Wilbur or Charles, they just are 'too' old for my taste... and then the obvious names like 'Zeus' or 'Cash' are completely off the list... they're just too out there for me...

Sorry I'm just so picky!

So I'll make a small list of names I'm 'thinking' of and the 'no's' and if you girls have any suggestions please let me know ^_^ Thanx!!

Maybes
Cole
Logan

No's
Michael
Anthony
Ethan
James
Wesley
Jacob
Jake
Jace
Dustin
Eugene
Nathan
Joshua
Daniel
Tyler
Mark
Conner
Wilbur
Charles
Zeus
Cash

Logan was our boys name but we had a girl. I still love the name though and unless something else attracts my attention if number 2 is a boy I'll probably still use it.

George and Luke are the boys names on my list at the moment! I love Caleb too but it won't work with our surname.

Suggestions:

Chase
Andrew
Dominic
Rocco
Carter
Landon
Arlo
Bradley
Liam
Leo (strong name like Leo the Lion)
Evan

Isaac
Ian
Mark
Anthony
Dominic
Joshua
Carter
Ryan
Reese
Victor
Adam

Love Logan :)

Other ideas:

Ryan
Lennon
Lincoln
Franklin
Flynn
Finley
Brody
Jackson
Mitchell
Evan
Kyle
Tate
Maxwell
Blake
Drake

We're quite picky with names as well. took us ages to pick our son's name. we went with James because it was a name we hadn't heard in awhile and it was something we both liked. we're having another boy and this time we've gone for Kyle with the middle name John (my granddad's name)

Short names are usually quite strong names.
Maybe you could go with another A name as both your little ones have names beginning with A.

Aaron
Andrew
Andy
Adam

I like Vinnnie for a boy, I'm fussy too so I know it's hard!
Logan's nice not too common but not too out there.
X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"