• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Need contraction help please!

TTC our first

Reaction score
So I have had contractions that have taken my breath away caused back pain and menstraul cramping... They came for two hours at 7-7 1/2 mins apart then slowly went away quite a few times. I feel like I have a tight stomach all the time when I sit or stand and can't tell if the pain I experience is a contraction or not... I'm so lost on what to look for. Anyone have this happen and if so what are you looking for? I'm currently 5cm dilated and 70% effaced since last time I had the contractions consistently and was checked on Saturday. I had the 7 mins apart contractions on Monday morning for two hours but didn't call dr bc I was afraid they would stop just like they did...

So I have had contractions that have taken my breath away caused back pain and menstraul cramping... They came for two hours at 7-7 1/2 mins apart then slowly went away quite a few times. I feel like I have a tight stomach all the time when I sit or stand and can't tell if the pain I experience is a contraction or not... I'm so lost on what to look for. Anyone have this happen and if so what are you looking for? I'm currently 5cm dilated and 70% effaced since last time I had the contractions consistently and was checked on Saturday. I had the 7 mins apart contractions on Monday morning for two hours but didn't call dr bc I was afraid they would stop just like they did...

I would say go in and get checked just to be on the safe side. When I had my DD my whole labor from waters breaking to having her was 4 hours and 10 minutes so as soon as my waters broke, I was getting them and not very far apart. It didn't take them long to be about 2-3 minutes apart and lasting about 30-40 seconds each and by the time I got to the hospital they were lasting longer and happening a lot faster.
I was also checked a day and half before I went into labor and was only 2 or 3cm at my appointment and by the time I got to the hospital I was 6.
So if you are unsure, just call the hospital and ask if you should go in or just go in. Always better to be safe.

The issue I'm having is tonight they have been so irregular and not very painful I am having some burning pains below and she is pushing at times. I'm just afraid to leave my toddler get my mil up and be sent home Again from the hospital. I know baby is head down but she is also back to back. I have A posterior cervix so baby isn't engaged and most likely won't be til I give birth bc of positioning. I know it's why I go in and out of labor. It's just very frustrating. :(

I also wish I could figure out how long my contractions are this time they seem to last a long time which makes me feel they are false since I don't always have pain with them

HI. Someone mentioned to me that there are apps you can get to time contractions. I'm not sure if that's helpful but hopefully you don't have long to go.

There are apps (free ones!) you can use for contraction timing that work great. I've got one loaded on my phone -- I think it's just called "Contraction Timer," ha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->