Need Help: 1st cycle on metformin and BIG changes...why?

srrhc

3 Boys
Reaction score
I haven't been diagnosed with PCOS but my doctor has put me on metformin. I usually ovulate around cd 19-22.

Since starting the metformin on May 22nd I have had some of the usual side effects. However yesterday I notice the veins in my boobs were much darker and I started feeling the usual O cramps on my left side. I thought this was weird though because today is only cd 14. On cd 12 I had a small amount of EWCM and on cd13 I had lots of watery cm. Today on cd14 I had a colopscopy done so it's almost impossible to tell what my cm is. The doctor said no bd for 5-7 days. This evening I took an OPK thinking it wouldn't be postive, but boy was I wrong. It turned positive immediately.

So my question is does anyone know if taking metformin can make you ovulate earlier? If anyone knows anything else about metformin (success) I'd also love to hear.

It regulates your cycle. The typical cycle is 28 days and ovulation usually occurs on day 14. So to me, this just means that the metformin is doing its job! When I started it, my periods starting coming every 28 days BANG on. Before, I was every 2-3 months!

Thank you for your response mindgames.

This cycle my temps are all over the place but many of the nights I have been sleep deprived so I am hoping it really isn't as bad as it looks. Also I had a fever yestersay and still feel I'll. ???

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->