Need help and information on early miscarriage.

Essjay85

Reaction score
Hi guys. Just wanna start but saying sorry to anyone that reads this and has had a loss also.

I was 5 weeks yesterday and started bleeding. Went to A&e and they did bloods and the doctor said I wasn't pregnant...and he said I couldn't explain it when I said I had 4 positive tests 4 days before... and sent me home. .. I was so confused. But earlier that day I tried to phone the the EPU to ask about the bleeding but only got the voicemail so I left a message. Thankfully they called me just as I got home from a & e and I asked her to get my files up. And she said by the looks of my blood work I was pregnant and had an early miscarriage.

So annoyed with the first doctor who just dismissed me pretty much.

My question is can people give me some info as to what an early miscarriage is exactly (is it the same as chemical pregnancy?) And what will my body do now? Will I have a normal period or will it be really heavy? I'm only bleeding quite lightly at the minute.

Do I need to look out for anything or rest or can I carry on as normal?
I really know nothing about this kind of thing. Just know that I'm feeling very down at the moment. Thank you all for reading.

I'm sorry I don't have much information. But I'm sorry for your loss and hope you feel better soon x
I think a chemical pregnancy is when it would be too soon to see anything on an ultrasound, but testing positive on pregnancy tests, usually up to 5 weeks pregnant, I think. Don't take my word for that x

Hi guys. Just wanna start but saying sorry to anyone that reads this and has had a loss also.

I was 5 weeks yesterday and started bleeding. Went to A&e and they did bloods and the doctor said I wasn't pregnant...and he said I couldn't explain it when I said I had 4 positive tests 4 days before... and sent me home. .. I was so confused. But earlier that day I tried to phone the the EPU to ask about the bleeding but only got the voicemail so I left a message. Thankfully they called me just as I got home from a & e and I asked her to get my files up. And she said by the looks of my blood work I was pregnant and had an early miscarriage.

So annoyed with the first doctor who just dismissed me pretty much.

My question is can people give me some info as to what an early miscarriage is exactly (is it the same as chemical pregnancy?) And what will my body do now? Will I have a normal period or will it be really heavy? I'm only bleeding quite lightly at the minute.

Do I need to look out for anything or rest or can I carry on as normal?
I really know nothing about this kind of thing. Just know that I'm feeling very down at the moment. Thank you all for reading.

First, let me start by offering you my condolences for your loss. As a mother of two angel babies, I know exactly what you're going through and I send you plenty of :hugs:

It is quite possible you had a chemical pregnancy. A chemical pregnancy happens very early in pregnancy when an egg gets fertilized and then fails to implant in the uterus or implant properly so it is bled out with the woman's next period. Sometimes the woman doesn't even know that she was pregnant unless she took pregnancy tests often. When you get a positive PG test with a chemical it will often be very faint and then it will go back to negative after a few days.

A miscarriage happens AFTER the fertilized egg implants and it is lost very early in pregnancy, usually before 12 weeks. When you have a miscarriage, bleeding length varies from woman to woman. My lasted about the length of a period. It started with dark brown spotting that eventually led to the worst menstrual cramps of my life (if you're for sure you're miscarrying feel free to take pain relievers) and bright red bleeding with mini fleshy clots. When I passed the baby, it came out in a bloody deflated sac with a black dot in the middle. After that, the bleeding began to gradually lighten. The cramps only lasted a day.

My normal period resumed about 6 weeks after my miscarriage. Typically your first period will return in 4-8 weeks post miscarriage.

You should take it easy the first 24-48 hours until the bleeding slows down then you can resume your normal activity. If you do any heavy lifting within the first day or two, it could make the bleeding worse.

Hope this helps you. Again, I'm so sorry you had to experience this. I wish you luck for the future!

Thank u so much for your reply. And kind words.
I'm feeling ok now I think it's all easing up. I've only had to take pain relief once so apart from that it's not felt physically that bad. I've passed a few clots (Sorry if tmi) and I'm hoping the worst is over now. Thank u all xx

I'm so sorry. Even the earliest mc is very sad. People I know who had chemicals ovulated that same cycle or the following cycle. With the early mc, I usually hear about 6 weeks to get your period back once bleeding has stopped. Could be later and that is still normal. Once again, I'm sorry this happened to you.

I didn't want to read and run. I am so very sorry for your loss Essjay85. My losses were later than five weeks so I don't have any real information. But it sounds like a chemical pregnancy. I am so sorry this happened to you and I pray you have a swift recovery. A loss is sad no matter when it happens. <3

I had 3 losses before 5 weeks. Everything was pretty normal with passing. Af like cramps and bleed. With one, I had very bad cramps and ovulated later, but the rest were very much like af. My doctor told me we didn't have to wait to try again. With my 4th pregnancy, I was put on progrsterone supplements and that seemed to do the trick so I would ask your doctor to check your progesterone. It's a simple blood draw. Hope this helps! I'm happy to answer any other questions. Find comfort in knowing that your body is trying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->