Need help cause I'm losing it! Labour or not?

michmash

Reaction score
I'm currently just 38 weeks pregnant and this is my second baby. Yesterday I started having mild contractions like 5 minutes apart. And since with my 1st baby it was quite a fast labour and the OB broke my waters I did not know exactly what to expect and decided to go to the hospital to get checked. Midwife checked me and I wasn't dilated and decided it would be best to go back home since they said I was just during my latent phase. They gave me something for the pain (Codine) and it decreased the pain instantly and slept through the night. Woke up with a very sore uterus and vajayjay (felt like someone used it as a punching bag lol) but contractions slowed down and are quite irregular. Now I felt like I had to pee and went to the bathroom and when I wiped, there it was... the mucus plug!

So girls, what do you think this could mean? Am I progressing? do you think that I'll have the baby soon?
Also note that with my first I was 36weeks+ when I started contracting and had him the day after...

Going crazy! Would appreciate any feedback!

Sounds promising for progression. Problem is it could be a day omit could still be weeks! I hate the unknown too!
I hope its not much longer for you!!

Well as the codeine stopped the pain I'd have said it wasn't it, certainly did nothing for me during my contractions. However you've not updated the thread so you may be in labour/had a baby now.
Xx

Well I had an appointment with my OB yesterday and turns out I'm still not dilating but I keep having contractions every now and then. Doc said that it's quite a good sign and I just have to be patient.. heh I hate this waiting game.. I thought that since this is my second pregnancy things should move faster.. guess I was wrong! Thanks all for your comments.. will update you with any 'progress' I make :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->