Need help from the Irish folks, please!

Warby

Mom of four monkey-moos
Reaction score
One of our best friends fell in love with an Irish girl and he is getting married there in July. We're invited and we are hoping to be able to swing in financially, as we want to be there for our friend and of course, we'd love to go to Ireland. I live in Canada so it will be quite the journey.

Th wedding is in Slane Village, County Meath. Forgive me, but I am not at all familiar with the geography of Ireland. How far is this from the closest airport? Is it relatively easy to get to in a rented (hired?) car? We'll already be struggling with driving on the left...

Also, what is the weather usually like in that part of Ireland in July?

Thanks!

Slane is a lovely little village about an hour from Dublin. They have a famous castle that some celebrities have gotten married in and they have done concerts from.

Dublin airport is on the north side of the city and the bus stops heading north. You can get off in Drogheda and then Slane is less than 10 miles from there so you could get a taxi.

Alternatively you could get the train but you'd have to get the bus/taxi into dublin centre and then get off in Drogheda anyway.

If you are brave enough to drive the airport is directly off the (new) motorway and you wouldn't have to go through the city at all. It would be motorway then small country roads. There'll be plenty of road signs.

The village is fairly remote so if you plan on making it a holiday a car would be handy. There's lots of nice places nearby and you could go into Dublin easily for the day.

Irish weather is very unpredictable, expect rain any day of the year. Unless there's a heatwave it'll be low to mid 20s. 30C weather is spectacular here!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->