need help, getting Lilly out the bed :S

jenny873

Reaction score
i have been getting Lilly in the bed for a while now, quite selfish i fell asleep by accident at first but she slept for 7 hours so now im just selfish and get her in! its ruined mine n OH's sex life and he sleeps in the spare room now lol! ive started putting her up at 10.30pm and she seems to settle ok, last night she woke up at 2.30am and went back off with her dummy rather than giving her a bottle but then i got her in the bed so she didnt wake back up!

any tips on getting her into a routine, sleeping through, and getting her back in her crib! xxx

Shes still bubba hun her routine may seem like its happened one night and not the next - Happened with Caitlin.

Maybe her being in the room helps - is her moses in your room? We thought the moses wasn't that comfy tbh and she has a snuggle soft fleece under her all the time now!

Why is he in spare room? No room?

shes got a crib like a big wodden thing that rocks side to side, her arms come out the sides though and get caught which wakes her. he gets in the spare room as he is a fidget in his sleep and is scared to roll on her lol! im getting her cot this week hope it helps her settle a little better! im not expecting her to get into a proper routine its getting her to settle in her crib thats the hard thing lol! x

maybe if you put something around the edge of the crib her arms wouldn't go through?

im sure i heard cot bumpers increase risk of suffercation :S x

I think thats only once the baby can sit up unaided though Jenny... You should be fine to use a bumper on your crib..

Colton currently sleeps between me and the edge of the bed.. OH is on the other side of me. :shock:
He doesn't roll or anything yet though, and he doesn't wiggle at all. Actually he likes to be REALLY close to me.
OH's mom thinks its because the bed is soft because his bassinet is kinda hard. I've put a blanket in teh bottom of it though. I think it's just because he likes to be cuddles and have his back patted. I have to pat his back until he falls asleep.
But I worry about when he starts rolling over.. I've even looked into some of those bed rails for like twin size toddler beds.. we have a full size but they work with any size really.

OH wants to get him out of our bed but we dont have anywhere to set up his crib. There is a spare bedroom, but OH's mom is a packrat and is too selfish to clean it out for him anyways. And besides that, it's right next to the living room where she smokes *gag* 3 packs a day.. so uhh.. I think not.

No advice though for getting her out. 5 minutes after we put Colton in his own bed he wakes crying to get into our bed.

our bed looks like:

one third is for daddy

one third is for mummy and

one third - although much much much smaller than daddy and mummy - is for baby as she sleeps with her arms wide away from her body, LOL

our bed looks like:

one third is for daddy

one third is for mummy and

one third - although much much much smaller than daddy and mummy - is for baby as she sleeps with her arms wide away from her body, LOL

:rofl:

our bed is 2/3 for daddy
1/3 for mommy & baby!

I seen on a thread a kind of bumper that was breathable for cots probably use to cribs but Ive forgot where the post is :blush:

Our bed is: 1 slither Daddy, 1/2 Anna, 1/2 Mummy.... you know that bit of stitching on the edge of the matress - have discovered its for daddys to cling onto by clenching their buttocks!

You know.... I really dont know what to tell you as I dont have that issue I'm to scared to let Rylee sleep with us, so shes just fine in her crib... other then the not staying still part..... but anywho, I remember someone telling me to.... lay her in the crib, or in your case her own bed (what ever that may be) for naps and/or play time, you could even try getting a boppy(if you dont have one) and sit her in it, in her bed for meals.....it might hurt your arms or what ever, but if it help:shrug:.
Start out just one to two mins at a time.... make it longer and more often over time. Maybe that will help.

I know a lot of people might not agree with the next thing I'm about to say, but at times it works for me.

Depending on how sleepy she is, let her cry.

I know if Rylee hasnt taken a nap all day and have been up since 7am and its now 5pm if I let her cry for 3min shes out like a light and then other times that just might not work for her..... or me because I cant stand for her to be sad.

But... there are a few things you could try.

Hope something works for you, you need that sex life back.... lucky!:rofl:

The Babydan bedguard is ideal if you want to co-sleep as it fits any kind of bed. My bed (King sized) is 1/5 daddy, 1/4 mummy and the rest is Kaya's.

i couldn't co sleep with kira, i hate sharing my bed its bad enough having to share half of it with hubby

I think if you dont want to co-sleep then the cot will be good as the baby will have alot more room, and I think you just have to perservere and settle the baby in the cot, try the baby in the cot when they're very tired during the day at first.

But if you want to co-sleep then I'm sure that is safe too provided you follow all the guidelines that go with it :)

Were having the same problem already! The first night Erica was born, she did not want to go to sleep in the hospital bed next to my bed, so I stayed up for hours during the night just holding her. Then when we came home, and tried to get into a routine, we had so many people visiting. They all wanted to hold her even while she was sleeping, and I must admit, I still will rock her and just snuggle her while shes sleeping. So she always wanted to be held instead of be in her bed. Then that turned into in the middle of night when she would wake up, instead of rocking and holding her the whole time, we would lay in bed and snuggle. Or lay in bed and breastfeed if I was really tired. Now her favorite spot is right between me and Daddy, snuggled up to my chest. And when we lay her in her bed, shes up within minutes. We're trying to get her back to her bed. Once she falls asleep, we put her back in there, and if she wakes up and its not time for a feed, we just rub her face and talk to her softly, and shes started to fall back to sleep in her bed.

I think if you just try to make Lilly comfortable in her bed, (like letting her know that you are there) then she will do better. Its hard sometimes, but thats what we are trying. I hate hearing her cry, so its hard for me to leave her lying in there crying. We just comfort her until she falls back to sleep. Good luck!!!

:rofl:

our bed is 2/3 for daddy
1/3 for mommy & baby!

that sounds like my bed!! only difference is that if nicole comes in in the morning, its 2/3 for daddy and 1/3 for me, callum & nicole!! good job my bed is huge or id be screwed.

Get a bumper so her arms dont go through and just put her down at night in the crib..if she crys let her for 5-10 mins..as long as you know for sure theres nothing else wrong, then go to her talk and comfort her till she calms down, then leave her..if she continues to cry just do the same. Eventually she'll realise that you aint gona give in and she'll go to sleep.

You should maybe make sure shes not falling asleep in someones arms during the day too...then that way she gets used to lying in her crib/cot and falling asleep herself x

Olivia has her cot bumper on down one side... I say dont beleive all you read, but its entirely down to you. But if we listened to all these things the health visitors say or strictly follow books... really what would we be ale to do with our babys? Sit & look at them?

In my opinion its no different to a moses basket being padded around the basket & a crib or cot is much bigger than a moses. I mean really whts the difference between using a bumper and a basket being lined & padded?

If you are not happy with that why dont you roll up 2 small blankets down the sides to stop her arms poking out of the sides but not bulky enough for her to suffocate if thats what you're worried about. Alot of babys just like to feel security.

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->