Need help on how to tell a LTTTC friend about my blessing!

Foreign Chick

I'm Silvia Mom to 3 Girls
Reaction score
hello ladies,

I have a friend who has been TTC for about 18 months, now I'm not sure how to share my news with her, and I definitely don't want her to read about it on Facebook first. I have 2 children already and she has 1(from a previous marriage) her current DH has no children of his own.
I have never mentioned my desire to TTC because my DF and I have just very recently decided to try for 1 more and were fortunate to conceive in 3 months, I'm sure if it would have taken longer or if she would have gotten pregnant before me, I'd mentioned something, but I haven't. I am a very considerate person and definitely do not want to hurt her feelings.

Any advice on to how to break the news?
I appreciate your answers in advance

I had too go through ivf and tbh there's no way or what time you should tell your friend ! Most of my friends told me straight away which I got exited for them followed them through there pregnancies and was at 2 off thee births so that was special ! But I obviously still felt very envious ! And jealous and sad at the same time just tell her when you feel is the right time x

Do it face to face or over the phone, not through text or FB. DH and I had a very close friend who is unable to conceive over for dinner and told her alone. We wanted her to feel ok to express her feelings and be able to leave on her own terms when she wanted to get away. You do seem like a very considerate person and it's great that you are sensitive to your friends feelings. Let her know the ball is in her court. Although you may be jumping out of your skin excited and wanting to talk about it constantly, don't. Don't bring it up unless she does first and make sure she is aware that you care about her and that you are there when she needs to talk or vent or cry.

Congrats by the way :)

My first pregnancy I had three dear friends who were LTTTC (one has since had a baby). I told them all individually over private dinner (1-on-1) and over skype to my friend overseas. Whatever you do, don't leave her out of your good news, she will feel even worse if she feels you are trying to hide things from her. Just tell her, and say that you understand if she's not entirely excited for you and wants to back off for a bit. Don't show her scan photos or anything like that.
It's hard - good luck!

Do it face to face or over the phone, not through text or FB. DH and I had a very close friend who is unable to conceive over for dinner and told her alone. We wanted her to feel ok to express her feelings and be able to leave on her own terms when she wanted to get away. You do seem like a very considerate person and it's great that you are sensitive to your friends feelings. Let her know the ball is in her court. Although you may be jumping out of your skin excited and wanting to talk about it constantly, don't. Don't bring it up unless she does first and make sure she is aware that you care about her and that you are there when she needs to talk or vent or cry.

Congrats by the way :)

Thank you ladies! Congrats to you as well Sassymom;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->